I need your opinions!

opinions boy and girl names just for fun

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_StarBabyNamer_*

Guest_StarBabyNamer_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

Hello. I have just found 3 new boys names... that I LOVE and 5 new girl names... that I LOVE! Please tell me what you think about them and I would love middle names, too! I will display what I think as well. Thanks!

Boys
Hayes - love it and got it from EmilyA's son, but I am still in love with it.
Preston - Just love how it is very old fashioned in my opinion
Braxton - found this one on babynames.com and I have loved it since I first heard it.

Girls
Carla - found this on nameberry.com. love it
Union - I have found many spellings for this one: Union, Yunion, Yunyon. Tell me which spelling you like best. I was going to have the nick name either Uni or Yuni.
Adele - I love the famous singer and her name!
Melonie - I wanted the NN to be Melon, but I though that's a bit much.

The names above were random ones I found on websites or just popped right out of my head! ;)

#2 Kookie

Kookie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

Hayes - very nice :)
Preston - nms but nice
Braxton - has a nice sound to it

Girls
Carla - love this name!
Union - hmm...not a fan, sorry! It seems too much like a word for me by if you were to go with it, I would prefer Yuni as a nickname because Uni looks like uni as in university
Adele - I love this too :)
Melonie - This is quite nice although I do prefer Melanie

Hope I helped xxx

#3 Guest_StarBabyNamer_*

Guest_StarBabyNamer_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

Hayes - very nice :)
Preston - nms but nice
Braxton - has a nice sound to it

Girls
Carla - love this name!
Union - hmm...not a fan, sorry! It seems too much like a word for me by if you were to go with it, I would prefer Yuni as a nickname because Uni looks like uni as in university
Adele - I love this too :)
Melonie - This is quite nice although I do prefer Melanie

Hope I helped xxx

Thanks! Any ideas for middle names? :)

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

Hayes is very handsome. I like it. I have Hazel on my list, almost the same but feminine haha.

Preston is alright, not my style

Braxton - makes me think of braxton hicks hehe, but its alright :)

Carla - very lovely, one of those names I'd adore on someone elses kiddo :D

Union - I'm sorry, I don't care for Union at all. Its a nice concept, but it almost feels too.. like too much weight. With all the political unions and everything that go on it feels like a bit of an overbearing name to me :( Yuni seems legit to me though, like a Japenese name or something :) Uni makes me think of Universities haha x

Adele - a very beautiful name, love it! With the association or not.. I like Adelaide quite a lot as well.

Melonie - I kinda think the nick name "Melon" would be a bit much. Sorry :( Melanie in general is just a lovely name. Mel, Lanie, Elle / Ellie are all very lovely options though!

#5 Guest_StarBabyNamer_*

Guest_StarBabyNamer_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

Hayes is very handsome. I like it. I have Hazel on my list, almost the same but feminine haha.

Preston is alright, not my style

Braxton - makes me think of braxton hicks hehe, but its alright :)

Carla - very lovely, one of those names I'd adore on someone elses kiddo :D

Union - I'm sorry, I don't care for Union at all. Its a nice concept, but it almost feels too.. like too much weight. With all the political unions and everything that go on it feels like a bit of an overbearing name to me :( Yuni seems legit to me though, like a Japenese name or something :) Uni makes me think of Universities haha x

Adele - a very beautiful name, love it! With the association or not.. I like Adelaide quite a lot as well.

Melonie - I kinda think the nick name "Melon" would be a bit much. Sorry :( Melanie in general is just a lovely name. Mel, Lanie, Elle / Ellie are all very lovely options though!

Thanks Remy!

#6 Kookie

Kookie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

Hayes Carter
Hayes Preston
Hayes Braxton
Hayes Archer

Preston Charlie
Preston Silas
Preston Finley
Preston Reed

Braxton Laurence
Braxton James
Braxton Oliver
Braxton Elias

Carla Iris
Carla Ellen
Carla Jasmine
Carla Violet

Union Alice
Union Charlotte
Union Sarah
Union Nicole

Adele Tiffany
Adele Rebecca
Adele River
Adele Joanna

Melanie Lois
Melanie Jean
Melanie Saffron
Melanie Frances

Hope I helped xxx

#7 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

Boys
Hayes - I love this name, #5 on my list, and I am also having trouble finding a great middle for it. I've got Hayes Felix or Hayes Eric, but I know that the perfect middle is out there :)
Preston - This, to me, is a place name, and not my favourite one at that. My aunt and uncle live in Preston, UK, so the appeal really isn't there for me. Also, it reminds me of Preston the pig, sorry, not a fan.
Braxton - Just reminds me of braxton hicks, and the sound of the name is not my favourite either.

Girls
Carla - I only really like this as a nn for Scarlett or Caroline, but it's not bad.
Union - I'd stick with the proper spelling seeing as it's a word name. I'm not a fan of this personally, but I can see the appeal. I read an article about a couple who named their newborn son Union Jack in honor of the diamond jubilee last year. This, plus the sound of the name makes it more masculine for me.
Adele - Nms, but nn Addy or Elle would be cute.
Melonie - Honestly, I'm not a fan of this name, but I much prefer the spelling Melanie, which looks less kre8ive to me (sorry). I do find the nn Melon a bit much, and I'm also not a fan of Mel either, although Lanie could be a cute alternative.

#8 Guest_StarBabyNamer_*

Guest_StarBabyNamer_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

Boys
Hayes - I love this name, #5 on my list, and I am also having trouble finding a great middle for it. I've got Hayes Felix or Hayes Eric, but I know that the perfect middle is out there :)
Preston - This, to me, is a place name, and not my favourite one at that. My aunt and uncle live in Preston, UK, so the appeal really isn't there for me. Also, it reminds me of Preston the pig, sorry, not a fan.
Braxton - Just reminds me of braxton hicks, and the sound of the name is not my favourite either.

Girls
Carla - I only really like this as a nn for Scarlett or Caroline, but it's not bad.
Union - I'd stick with the proper spelling seeing as it's a word name. I'm not a fan of this personally, but I can see the appeal. I read an article about a couple who named their newborn son Union Jack in honor of the diamond jubilee last year. This, plus the sound of the name makes it more masculine for me.
Adele - Nms, but nn Addy or Elle would be cute.
Melonie - Honestly, I'm not a fan of this name, but I much prefer the spelling Melanie, which looks less kre8ive to me (sorry). I do find the nn Melon a bit much, and I'm also not a fan of Mel either, although Lanie could be a cute alternative.

Your opinion counts!

#9 Guest_StarBabyNamer_*

Guest_StarBabyNamer_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

Oh and Gems, your middle names are great!

#10 ashleylyn

ashleylyn

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

Carla Josephine
Union Isadore
Adele Imogene
Melonie Eloise

Braxton Elias
Hayes Clarke
Preston Parker

Hope this helps!! Good luck :)

#11 Guest_StarBabyNamer_*

Guest_StarBabyNamer_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

Carla Josephine
Union Isadore
Adele Imogene
Melonie Eloise

Braxton Elias
Hayes Clarke
Preston Parker

Hope this helps!! Goodp luck :)

thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: opinions, boy and girl names, just for fun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users