#1 bebeeg

bebeeg

Administrator

• Community Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:00 PM

What makes a good FULL baby name?

Is it like beauty... all in the eye (or rather ear) of the beholder?
Or are there some absolute rules behind what makes a good name?
We talk alot about names having a nice flow... but is that really the gold standard?
How do you grade a baby name? Are there 4 C's like there are for diamonds?

Can't think of what makes a good name, try responding to the post about what makes a bad name :)

This is intended as an ongoing question. As you discover new things about this, come back and post. Also post your theories for others to confirm or debunk!

#2 Hannah

Hannah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Interests:I love writing, reading, sports of any kind(my favorites being basketball & soccer), music, and hanging out with my friends and family.

AND, I of course love thinking of baby names even though that is a VERY far in the future thing for me because I'm still young!

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:50 PM

I just responded to what makes a bad name and left out something, but I'll cover it in here.

A good name (to me, so yes it's a matter of opinion) is one that flows well, initials don't bring up inappropriate or mean things and is easy for everyone to pronounce, but lovely all the same. To me, nice names don't sound made up and aren't too over-used and everything else of the sort. Also, nick names the child will be able to like and the name must age well for it to be used, in my opinion.

Amelia Rose Sawyer is a great example, the name flows well and doesn't have any horrible initials.
Kitty Maria is a name that may be cute for a little girl, but not for a grown woman.
Agatha May, may be good for an adult, but the child may not like it.

Here were some examples(:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users