Photo

Heard Two Unusual Names. WDYT?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Reactions? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Reaction to Honey

1. Cute (1 votes [8.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

2. Silly/Childish (7 votes [58.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

3. Strange (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Horrid (4 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Reaction to Jacelind

1. Cute (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Silly/Childish (1 votes [8.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

3. Strange (6 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

4. Horrid (5 votes [41.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 BabyNameRater

BabyNameRater

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:03 AM

When I was checking my mail (we have community mail boxes) I heard a mother scolding her children. They were (I assume twins) about 5-6 years old. The mother said " Honey! Jacelind! (sp?) Get back here, NOW!!" As the children ran back to their mother the little boy said "Honey told me too, Momma!" to which the little girl screeched "Nuh Uh Jacelind, stop lying!". Now apart from the screaming the first thing I noticed most were obviously their names. I've heard of Honey being used, never seen it but I've heard of it but I've never encountered Jacelind (Jace-Lynd) before at all. What do you ladies think of them? Are they usable?

#2 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

I'm sorry, but I dislike them greatly :( Honey just feels extremely childish! </3 I can't imagine an adult Honey, or even a teenager named Honey. Imagine applying for your first job, or getting asked out for the first time, or any of those things... I know unique names are all in, but I just don't see Honey ever being older than 5/6. Its an extremely cute nick name, however! I'd call my kid Honey on occasion, like "Could you get that real quick, honey?" and I've had people call me Honey Bunches, which was kinda cute. (Which my friend then started teasing me "honey bunches of oats!" haha). Now that I think of it though, if your name is Honor or Honora, I think Honey would work very nicely as a nick name... kinda. Idk, both start with Hon-, even though Honor has a silent H. Never mind me here.

As for Jacelind, even though I greatly dislike it, I do see it as usable. Adding -lyn is a trend now adays, and -lind isn't far off (and more masculine than -lyn is). I do love the name Jace on its own! Very handsome. I think its just a very trendy name, common Jace (and especially common is Jay- in names) mixed with -lind/lyn.

Overall conclusion: Honey does not feel usable, but Jacelind does :)

#3 ElizabethRuth

ElizabethRuth

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:53 AM

I've always liked the name Honey. Mainly because of a character on the show 'wind at my back' which I used to watch as a kid. I don't think I'd ever use the name but I do like it. Maybe as a middle name it would be cute.
Jacelind sounds fabricated and made up. Not a fan.

#4 BabyNameRater

BabyNameRater

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

I agree with both of you on different aspects. While Honey seems more familiar since its a word and I have heard of it a time or two, it just seems unusable and I would never use it. Jacelind on the other hand, while new and fabricated does seem usable and as far as made up names go, Jacelind (when it comes to sound) is one of the tamer, more usable/acceptable ones compared to names like Draylin, Braxlin or Kenzel that are seemingly so popular these days. :P

#5 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

Not a fan of either, I'm afraid. Honey is just... hmmm and Jacelind seems made up imo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users