2 replies to this topic

#1 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:07 PM

so it's been a while since I've and much of a list at all, but I do have some names that I've been loving lately. I'd love thoughts, combo ideas, etc. :) 

Siena

Senna

Sophie

Abra Lennon Lucille

Noa Lillian Louise

Christian (MN only)

Reverie (MN only)

Shalom (MN only)

Cecilia (MN only)

Peter

Keats

Indiana (MN only)

Elliot (MN only)

William nn Liam (MN only)

Sundance (MN only)

Seven (MN only)

Shalom (MN only)

btw, this is not all of the names that would be going on my list. I've got some that I've just always loved (ie, Ezra) that will most definitely stay ;)

#2 Annie S.

Annie S.

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:02 PM

Siena- Actually, a very pretty name.  I like this one a lot.

Senna- Honestly, when I look at this name my first thought is that it's Siena spelled wrong, but I think that it could make a really nice middle name.

Sophie- Pretty.  This is one of those names that sounds a little bit "nicknamey", but I honestly like the sound of just "Sophie" rather than "Sophia".  Sophie just sounds prettier to me and like it could easily be put into a lot of different combos, so I honestly don't see anything wrong with just using Sophie by itself.  A breath of fresh air from the traditional Sophia.

Abra Lennon Lucille- Flows pretty well, though the only one of these names that I would personally consider using in Lennon.  Abra is very, very different, but it's not weird.  Not my style, but I can't really find any fault in this combo that really matters as long as you love this combo.

Noa Lillian Louise-Flawless.  Love this one!  (I love the name Noa(h) on a girl.)

Christian (MN only)- Never thought about using Christian on a girl before, but I definitely prefer it on a girl now.  I always hated this name, but I think that it can actually work on a girl.  I would keep it as a mn though.

Reverie (MN only)- Pretty, but nms.

Shalom (MN only)- I don't know what to say about this name except that I really don't like it.  I know it's not helpful, but I've just never liked this name...

Cecilia (MN only)- Very pretty name.  Definitely a name that has been growing on me for a while, though I prefer Cecily for personal reasons.  Is there a reason why it's a mn only.  I quite like it as a first name, though it is definitely just as great of a name as a mn.

Peter- A little old fashioned in my opinion, though that's probably just because it's my grandfather's name.

Keats- Never liked this one.  I've never really liked it when first names end in an "s".  Has always just seemed/sounded weird to me.  Plus, I never know how to say names like this when you have to add an 's to the end.  Do you know what I mean?  You would say, "That's Peter's ball." with no problem, but names with an "s" at the end always give me trouble.  I always end up saying, "That's Keatses ball."  instead of that's Keats' ball." like I should.  I don't know.  Does this make any sense?  It's kind of hard to explain through type.  Am I the only one who has trouble with this?  Lol.

Indiana (MN only)- Used to not like this name, though it was too girly, but now I know I little boy with this name and it fits him perfectly.  Now I can easily picture it on a guy.  Nice name.

Elliot (MN only)-  Seems a little girly to me, but I perfectly fine name.

William nn Liam (MN only)- Nice name in general.  I personally prefer it to use either William nn Will or Liam as its' own name, but that is just my opinion.  Great name in general.

Sundance (MN only)- I'm all for unique names, but I just don't like this one.  That's all that I can think to say.  Sorry.

Seven (MN only)- Interesting.  Very bold choice for a name, one I don't know if I'd be brave enough to use it personally, but that I really like.  Definitely keep this one on your list.  Is it the sound of it that you like, or does the number seven have personal meaning to you?

Shalom (MN only)- Not loving this one at all.  Not a bad name, just not my style for boy names.  Nothing necessarily wrong with it though.  Would keep it in the mn spot though.

Good list overall!

#3 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:30 PM

Siena- Actually, a very pretty name.  I like this one a lot.

Senna- Honestly, when I look at this name my first thought is that it's Siena spelled wrong, but I think that it could make a really nice middle name.

Sophie- Pretty.  This is one of those names that sounds a little bit "nicknamey", but I honestly like the sound of just "Sophie" rather than "Sophia".  Sophie just sounds prettier to me and like it could easily be put into a lot of different combos, so I honestly don't see anything wrong with just using Sophie by itself.  A breath of fresh air from the traditional Sophia.

Abra Lennon Lucille- Flows pretty well, though the only one of these names that I would personally consider using in Lennon.  Abra is very, very different, but it's not weird.  Not my style, but I can't really find any fault in this combo that really matters as long as you love this combo.

Noa Lillian Louise-Flawless.  Love this one!  (I love the name Noa(h) on a girl.)

Christian (MN only)- Never thought about using Christian on a girl before, but I definitely prefer it on a girl now.  I always hated this name, but I think that it can actually work on a girl.  I would keep it as a mn though.

Reverie (MN only)- Pretty, but nms.

Shalom (MN only)- I don't know what to say about this name except that I really don't like it.  I know it's not helpful, but I've just never liked this name...

Cecilia (MN only)- Very pretty name.  Definitely a name that has been growing on me for a while, though I prefer Cecily for personal reasons.  Is there a reason why it's a mn only.  I quite like it as a first name, though it is definitely just as great of a name as a mn.

Peter- A little old fashioned in my opinion, though that's probably just because it's my grandfather's name.

Keats- Never liked this one.  I've never really liked it when first names end in an "s".  Has always just seemed/sounded weird to me.  Plus, I never know how to say names like this when you have to add an 's to the end.  Do you know what I mean?  You would say, "That's Peter's ball." with no problem, but names with an "s" at the end always give me trouble.  I always end up saying, "That's Keatses ball."  instead of that's Keats' ball." like I should.  I don't know.  Does this make any sense?  It's kind of hard to explain through type.  Am I the only one who has trouble with this?  Lol.

Indiana (MN only)- Used to not like this name, though it was too girly, but now I know I little boy with this name and it fits him perfectly.  Now I can easily picture it on a guy.  Nice name.

Elliot (MN only)-  Seems a little girly to me, but I perfectly fine name.

William nn Liam (MN only)- Nice name in general.  I personally prefer it to use either William nn Will or Liam as its' own name, but that is just my opinion.  Great name in general.

Sundance (MN only)- I'm all for unique names, but I just don't like this one.  That's all that I can think to say.  Sorry.

Seven (MN only)- Interesting.  Very bold choice for a name, one I don't know if I'd be brave enough to use it personally, but that I really like.  Definitely keep this one on your list.  Is it the sound of it that you like, or does the number seven have personal meaning to you?

Shalom (MN only)- Not loving this one at all.  Not a bad name, just not my style for boy names.  Nothing necessarily wrong with it though.  Would keep it in the mn spot though.

Good list overall!

Thank you sooo much for the opinions! You rock! ;)

Cecilia for me just feels so frilly, I love it but like it the frilly-ness better in the middle spot.

Shalom on a girl was kind of on the fence for me, so I think I'm going to knock it off my list. Thanks for your opinion there!

That is an interesting point about "s" ending names! I had never really thought about that before.

For Seven, it's a little of both! Seven is one of my brothers' lucky numbers and we went through a lot together so it would be a cool, unique way to honor him and I like the way that it sounds. I'd be too uneasy about using it in the fn spot, but I feel like it could make a neat middle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users