#1 Cadence & Nathan

Cadence & Nathan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:57 PM

Hey everyone--

Anya has recently been "singing" a lot. She has been soooo vocal lately. When our friends were over, they started calling her Mitchie. Mitchie is the main character off of Camp Rock. She had a passion for singing. <_< It just seemed so fitting. Even Cadence has been catching herself calling Anya, Mitchie. What do you guys think? I, personally, love nicknames that have a meaning behind them. It makes them more special :)

-Nathan

#2 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:art, reading, writing, dogs and cats

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:15 PM

It's cute, and it'd be even cuter if i didn't hate camp rock so much... :/ (sorry, but demi levato or however you spell her name annoys the crap out of me....)

Its not something I would call her all the time, but as a joke here and there I think its fine.

My aunt's name is Eugenia (we call her Genie) and when she was pregnant with my cousin, we called him Eujunior (: His real name is Andrew and he's eight months old now, and we still call him Eujunior sometimes as a joke. I think it will be a nickname that we'll use over the years, but not on an everyday basis

#3 Cadence & Nathan

Cadence & Nathan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:35 PM

Don't worry, Rose. I don't really like Demi either, but Cadence is a HUGE Disney/Disney Channel nut. That's pretty much what she does on bedrest. She watches Disney movies and Disney shows (her absolute favorite being Sonny with a Chance. Let's just say she is a little OBSESSED with Sterling Knight...oh brother!).

Anyway, I just think Anya looks like a Mitchie. I see Mitchie as being blonde hair and blued eyed (which Anya is <_< ). I totally get what you're saying though.

-Nathan

#4 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:40 PM

Haha. Disney channel shows and I don't mix (except for Phinneas and Ferb---that one is quite humorous sometimes.) I end up seeing more of it than I want to though because my 11 year old brother watches Disney channel all the time because those are about the only shows my mom will let him watch... :/

I've never really seen Sonny with a Chance...Demi Levto kinda turned me off from that one....

Mitchie sounds like a boys name to me, sorry. I used to have a neighbor named Mitch...I can't really get used to it on a girl...

#5 Cadence & Nathan

Cadence & Nathan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:54 PM

Lol...I'm not much for Disney Channel, but some shows are ok. I like Oliver from Hannah Montana, but I am not a fan of Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus...blah! She bugs me...a lot! I can at least stand Demi, but Miley is a NO GO for me! lol Another show that isn't terrible is Jonas. She likes that one a lot. Cadence got Anya a onesie that says, "Mommy wishes my daddy was Sterling Knight" or something to that effect...ah well... <_<

As for Mitchie...yeah I know it's a boys names :) I think that too, but if it's MitchIE than I think it's a girls name. I could never name one of my daughter's Mitch/Mitchie...although I like it for a nn.

#6 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:01 PM

Don't even get me started on Miley Cyrus...I might dislike her even more than Demi Levato (if that's even possible :D)

And I'm not a fan of Jonas either because, yep, you guessed it, I strongly dislike the Jonas Brothers as well ;)

i agree, Mitchie is cute nickname, but I would never use it as a given name

#7 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:04 PM

Is Sterling Knight Chad Dylan Cooper from that Makenzie Falls thingy?

Ah, I bet you're much cuter than he is Nathan ;D

#8 Cadence & Nathan

Cadence & Nathan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:13 PM

Is Sterling Knight Chad Dylan Cooper from that Makenzie Falls thingy?

Ah, I bet you're much cuter Nathen ;D

That would be correct. She just loves him, which is ok with me. It's just a "celebrity crush". She always tells me I am her Sterling Knight. My sisters says I look like him. I guess I don't see the resemblance. Although we will be naming one of our son's Chad Dylan Cooper...but in her defence, Cooper is a family name, and I actually really like the name Chad. Most of the time we will be calling him Chad so it's not like people are going to know his full name...Oh boy! :)

And I'm not a fan of Jonas either because, yep, you guessed it, I strongly dislike the Jonas Brothers as well :D

I don't necessarily like them, but I like how they present themselves. I like that they are good role models (you know with the no partying thing, their promise rings, and such). Thank God Cadence isn't obsessing over them. Although, every other girl in our town is <_<

#9 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:19 PM

I don't necessarily like them, but I like how they present themselves. I like that they are good role models (you know with the no partying thing, their promise rings, and such). Thank God Cadence isn't obsessing over them. Although, every other girl in our town is <_<

You make a good point Nathan (I just realized I spelt your name wrong in my last post. So sorry about that!) It is good that they are such a good role model for their little kiddie fans. They really need good influences nowadays. It just annoys me how obessed every little girl (and girls my age too) gets with them...

#10 Cadence & Nathan

Cadence & Nathan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:28 PM

You make a good point Nathan (I just realized I spelt your name wrong in my last post. So sorry about that!) It is good that they are such a good role model for their little kiddie fans. They really need good influences nowadays. It just annoys me how obessed every little girl (and girls my age too) gets with them...

Ah, it's ok! My mom wanted to spell my name Nathyn (THANK GOD she didn't!). Any spelling is better than that! I know what you mean about the little girls (and older girls!) obsessing over them. It gets old after a while. Although, I'd rather have my daughter obsessed with a good role model rather than a bad one. The bottom line is they DO get rather annoying...as do Miley Cyrus and Demi Lovato. <_<

#11 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:31 PM

It annoys me how obessed people get with famous people. I mean, jeez, they're people just like us....

#12 Cadence & Nathan

Cadence & Nathan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:43 PM

It annoys me how obessed people get with famous people. I mean, jeez, they're people just like us....

That's what I don't understand...people find it amazing that they do "normal people things", like going out to eat, going to the gym. going to the movies, etc. It's ridiculous!

#13 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:46 PM

Exactly! Finally someone who agrees. If I ever got to meet a famous person (especially one I actually like) I would have a civil conversation with them instead of screaming in their face and asking them to sign my forehead (:

#14 Cadence & Nathan

Cadence & Nathan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:58 PM

Exactly! Finally someone who agrees. If I ever got to meet a famous person (especially one I actually like) I would have a civil conversation with them instead of screaming in their face and asking them to sign my forehead (:

Yes, I would do the same thing. I don't want them to think I'm some crazy fan. I want to be different in that I don't maul them and make them uncomfortable. I would LOVE to get the chance to have Cadence meet Sterling Knight (or go to a taping of Sonny with a Chance), but I can guarentee that she would be one of those screaming fans. I think her heart overrules her mind, unfortunately.

#15 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:02 AM

Haha. That's how most people would act. I wonder if celebrities would find refreshing or just plain weird if someone acted normal around them. They probably wouldn't know what to do haha

#16 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:33 AM

I think Mitchie is a cute nn, but dfinately not a great given name. I wouldn't name a girl Mitchie. Maybe Michelle nn Mitchie, but not just Mitchie :)

But I don't care for Disney Chanel at all. Phinneas and Ferb is cute, (Ryan Chase loves that show! She'll actually sit still for a whole three seconds, lol!).

But I do think it's rediculous how people get about celebrities. I've never had a celebrity crush, actually. I tend to fall for people I actually see and talk to in person :D But I agree, if I met a celebrity, I definately wouldn't be some screaming fan getting all in there face (I might ask for a autograph though, depending who it is :P). I greatly dislike Miley and Demi Lovato. Big distaste. Miley can't really sing. Demi is better than Miley at that, but both of them are annoying. <_<

Lol, Ryan Chase plugs her ears when that supergirl song from Miley comes on on Disney Chanel (I know she doesn't know who Miley is, but she says its not a cool song. So funny!).

~Had

#17 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:42 AM

I've never had a celebrity crush, actually. I tend to fall for people I actually see and talk to in person <_<

Same here. I'd much rather spend time with a person I know and am actually interested in for the person they are instead of spending time with a celebrity

#18 Guest_Zayda_*

Guest_Zayda_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:46 PM

My kids don't watch Disney Channel. At all. The only shows we used to watch were Phil from the Future and That's So Raven. Then it all went down hill.
I despise Hannah Montana. I detest the Jonas Brothers. I hate bubble gum 'rock' that they all do.

#19 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:37 PM

I love it for a nickname!

#20 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:44 PM

My kids don't watch Disney Channel. At all. The only shows we used to watch were Phil from the Future and That's So Raven. Then it all went down hill.
I despise Hannah Montana. I detest the Jonas Brothers. I hate bubble gum 'rock' that they all do.

Those were the good days before Disney got wayyy to annoying.

I totally agree Zayda. I hate Hannah and the Joe Bros

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users