#1 Wish

Wish

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:38 AM

Hello. 

So I love unique names, and right now I'm a little hooked on W because the letter has some magical words associated with it- Windy, Willow, Wisteria, Winter. I'm expecting a little girl late October and want a name that is . . . bewitching. 

Windtress is an invention of my own and Wintress or Wyntress is a name I found out of a baby name book. I adore Wintress or Wyntress ! The name sounds like the name of the goddess of winter, but being such, it's not exactly what I'm going for with a fall baby and all. 

What do you all think of Windtress? The name broken down is wind and tress (which means beautiful long hair). I love it! What do you all think? 

#2 Wish

Wish

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:42 AM

Windy would be her nick name

#3 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:44 PM

I think Wintress sounds beautiful but I can understand the whole fall baby / winter name conflict.  

Windtress is indistinguishable from Wintress when I say it, although the meaning you give for Windtress is lovely.  

What about Windland?  or Windlynn

#4 Wish

Wish

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

Yes they both sound the same... Foo I suppose the name is just reserved for a winter baby..
Windland and Windlynn although pretty don't quite do it for me like Wintress or Windtress. Thank you for answering

#5 Guest_AnnaW_*

Guest_AnnaW_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:00 AM

I like Wintress and Windtress both. I wouldn't worry about the season she's born in and her name. You're naming her for who she is, a person, not for what season she was born in. I think Windy is adorable.

#6 Wish

Wish

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:26 AM

Thank you AnnaW ! Windy is very cute! Thank you for responding!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users