#1 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:art, reading, writing, dogs and cats

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:20 AM

My youth leader and his wife from my home parish are having another baby in July--a girl, who will be joining Ava Grace and Andrew David. They didn't do the A theme on purpose (Andrew is named after his father). They have yet to decide on a name (and I'm unsure if they have any possible choices at this point).

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to see what you guys could come up with just for the fun of completing a sibset

Going with the A theme, I would choose Audrey Faith and disregarding the theme, I would choose Lucy Rose

#2 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

Mm... I would do:

Ava Grace, Andrew David & Alice Rose
Ava Grace, Andrew David & Abigail Faith
Ava Grace, Andrew David & Audrey Charlotte
Ava Grace, Andrew David & Anna Gail
Ava Grace, Andrew David & Amelie Katherine

OR

Ava Grace, Andrew David & Eleanor Paige
Ava Grace, Andrew David & Claire Vivian
Ava Grace, Andrew David & Lucy Mae
Ava Grace, Andrew David & Isobel Mary
Ava Grace, Andrew David & Nora Juliet
Ava Grace, Andrew David & Emma Scarlett

I love your suggestion of Audrey Faith. I have Faith Audrey on my list.
And Lucy Rose is precious. :(

#3 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:40 AM

She just had the baby yesterday and they named her Ella Therese. So they now have Ava, Andrew, and Ella. While I don't like how popular Ava and Ella are, I will say that they are gorgeous on little girls. They're names I like because they do have obvious appeal, but I would never use them myself because I do tire from hearing them so often.

Also, not sure how they're pronouncing Therese, seeing as I've just seen it in print. I think its most commonly pronounced Ter-ez? Though I do believe it can be pronounced as Teh-reese or just the typical Theresa as well. I quite like Ella with the first pronunciation. They second one flows nicely as well, but if they're using the Theresa prn, I think its a bit 'a' heavy

#4 Untitled

Untitled

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:12 AM

Ella is nice, it goes well with Ava and Andrew and I like that it doesn't follow the A theme, but still kind of "goes" with the others.

I've only ever heard Therese pronounced teh-REESE. I think Ella Therese is actually really pretty and Therese is a lot more interesting than Grace or David, which are kind of dull.

Disregarding that they already named her, I would've suggested Alice Julia for the A theme.

#5 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:17 AM

I've been nosing around online about the pronunciation of Therese, and I do believe they picked Therese after Saint Therese (they are a very catholic and religious family after all) and St. Therese pronounced her name Ter-ez, so I have a hunch that may be the prn they're using. I know another little girl from our church who pronounces it that way as well because of the saint.

Ava Grace is quite predictable, I agree. I would've picked a more unique middle name for her. Andrew David is named completely after his father, so there really wasn't any wiggle room there.

Thanks for your opinion. Alice Julia is a really cute name - I've been liking Alice a lot recently

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users