• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BMTRHG

BMTRHG

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:Pinterest, Cooking, Scary Movies, Bubble Baths, Xbox, Singing (in the shower), Community Service Projects, Italian Food, and Antique Shopping

Posted 07 November 2015 - 10:25 PM

Think I've got my favorite two names down. One boy, one girl. They are a little different, so I'm sure there will be plenty of opinions either for or against, love to hear them all!

Memphis Eli
&
Novalee Rae

Thanks!

#2 pinkmonkey23

pinkmonkey23

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Interests:Names ⌇ My children ⌇ Supernatural ⌇ I-Zombie ⌇ Lucifer ⌇ Arrowverse ⌇ Jane the virgin ⌇ The Originals ⌇ The Vampire Diaries [Before it ended]

Posted 08 November 2015 - 06:39 AM

Love it. so bold.

Love Novalee Rae 

Only problem wth having a bailey the lee sound is still there but it is a fave of mine xx

#3 Marvelous_Things

Marvelous_Things

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,673 posts
  • Interests:Movies, music, psychology, history, literature, anime, cosplay, and names.

Posted 08 November 2015 - 05:54 PM

Neither of these names are names I would have thought of to use myself, but I love how they both have a country feel. They make a great sibset. My opinions on the individual names is below.

Memphis Eli- Memphis isn't a favorite of mine, but it goes really well with Eli. It's also a good alternative to some of the more popular place names that are being used. I like Eli a lot. 

Novalee Rae- Novalee is very pretty. Did you get it from the main character from the book/movie Where The Heart Is? That's immediately what I thought of when I saw it. (Not that it's a bad thing; I love that movie). Regardless of the origin of the name, it's cute, and could be shortened to the nickname Nova if you wanted. I like Rae, but I think the flow of this combo is a bit off. A longer middle name might work better. Novalee Rachael, perhaps?

#4 MusicCharm

MusicCharm

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:12 PM

They are both amazing names!

#5 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:00 PM

Novalee Rae is not my style. In general, I'm not a fan of Rae as a middle name and Novalee is just too "kre8iv" for my taste. But to each their own. 

I adore Memphis Eli! A great mix of classic and uncommon.

#6 SelenaK

SelenaK

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy and historical fiction, archery, swimming and I love to cook!

Posted 10 December 2015 - 02:34 PM

I love Memphis Eli! It strikes the right balance of cool and edgy whilst also sounding classic. I'm less keen on Novalee Rae as I think Novalee is a little too made up for my tastes and Rae is a little boring. Maybe Nova Rachelle? Or Noemi/ Naomi Roisin (Ro-sheen)? GL!

#7 Britt423

Britt423

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:22 PM

I love love love your boy name! Don't let anyone talk you out of that one it's great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users