Photo

Name that fits two nationalities

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Baby Name Genie

Baby Name Genie

Baby Name Genie

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:10 PM

Name: Nina

Hello I am English and my partner is Spanish we are looking for a boy's name that will fit both nationalities...

#2 sarahbeara21

sarahbeara21

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:33 AM

How about Adrian? It's both English and Spanish (Well according to a site I found)

#3 annasoprana

annasoprana

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:37 PM

I've always liked Gloria. you could use a double name like Gloria-Ann, or Gloria-Rose.

#4 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:39 PM

Alexander
Noah
Patrick
Jacob
Henry
Oliver
Adrian

;)

#5 LennyAthena

LennyAthena

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:17 PM

Anita, Lucia, Cecilia, Laura, Carmen, Maria, Adela, Julia, Adriana, Veronica, Teresa, Alicia, Betina

#6 Lark

Lark

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:02 PM

How about Alejandro? Though it is Spanish, it's not hard to pronounce in English.

Hello I am English and my partner is Spanish we are looking for a boy's name that will fit both nationalities...

#7 meme83

meme83

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:00 AM

How about Elijah Christian or Michael Daniel.

#8 starsandkissies

starsandkissies

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 12:16 AM

What about:

Alan
Adan (fave: Spanish version of Adam )
Xavier
Manolo
Agustin

#9 jaywujing123

jaywujing123

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 08:12 PM

The tourist trade is booming. wow power leveling,With all this coming and going, you’d expect greater understanding to develop between the nations of the world. Not a bit of it! Superb systems of communication by air, sea and land make it possible for us to visit each other’s countries at a moderate cost. What was once the ‘grand tour’, reserved for only the very rich, is now within everybody’s grasp? The package tour and chartered flights are not to be sneered at. Modern travelers enjoy a level of comfort which the lords and ladies on grand tours in the old days couldn’t have dreamed of. But what’s the sense of this mass exchange of populations if the nations of the world remain basically ignorant of each other wow power leveling?

Many Wow gold, tourist organizations are directly responsible for this state of affairs. They deliberately set out to protect their clients from too much contact with the local population. The modern tourist leads a cosseted, sheltered life. He lives at international hotels, where he eats his international food and sips his international drink while he gazes at the natives from a distance. Conducted tours to places of interest are carefully censored. The tourist is allowed to see only what the organizers want him to see and no Wow gold more.
A strict world of warcraft gold, schedule makes it impossible for the tourist to wander off on his own; and anyway, language is always a barrier, so he is only too happy to be protected in this way. At its very worst, this leads to a new and hideous kind of colonization. The summer quarters of the inhabitants of the cite universitaire: are temporarily reestablished on the island of Corfu. Blackpool is recreated at Torremolinos where the traveler goes not to eat paella, but fish and chips world of warcraft gold.

The sad wow cd keys, thing about this situation is that it leads to the persistence of national stereotypes. We don’t see the people of other nations as they really are, but as we have been brought up tobelieve they are. You can test this for yourself. Take five nationalities, say, French, German, English, American and Italian. Now in your mind, match them with these five adjectives: musical, amorous, cold, pedantic, native.Far from providing us with any insight into the national characteristics of the peoples just mentioned, these adjectives actually act as barriers. So when you set out on your travels, the only characteristics you notice are those which confirm your preconceptions. You come away with the highly unoriginal and inaccurate impression that, say, ‘Anglo-Saxons are hypocrites’ of that ‘Latin peoples shout a lot’wow cd keys.
You wow power leveling, only have to make a few foreign friends to understand how absurd and harmful national stereotypes are. But how can you make foreign friends when the tourist trade does its best to prevent you wow power leveling?

Carried to an dog carriers,extreme,stereotypes can be positively dangerous. Wild generalizations stir up racial hatred and blind us to the basic fact—how trite it sounds! – That all people are human. We are all similar to each other and at the same time all unique dog carriers.

#10 Lark

Lark

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:07 AM

Gabriel works, though the Spanish pronunciation makes it sound like the girls' name in English.

We have a son named Alexander and we used to playfully call him Alejandro.

Other names that you might consider:

Antonio
Marcos
Carlos
Thomas/Tomás
Nicholas/Nicolás
Diego

Like any_

#11 laramieB

laramieB

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip