4 replies to this topic

#1 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:29 PM

I still need a name for my last character...The girl I'm thinking of is very tough and independent and has grown up on the streets all by herself...She picks pockets, steals and cons to survive...She is black with a large light brown/reddish afro.

Name wise I'm looking for something un-traditional. I thought maybe Ward but I'm not convinced. Ward came from the fact that she is an orphan who lived at an orphanage for a while, she didnt have a name and they just called her and the other kids "Wards of the State" so when she escaped she kept the name Ward. I'm not sure if I like it but I'm looking for something along those lines...some kind of nickname that she would have picked up as a kid.

Or maybe something after an animal, like a Fox or something. I don't know...I'd really like ideas and suggestions.

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:34 PM

Oh...here is the kind of hair I'm thinking but she would be more tough and edgy than sweet.
http://2.bp.blogspot...0/afro-girl.jpg

#3 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:10 PM

What do you think of Magpie...

The Magpie is common in European folklore, with multiple superstitions surrounding it.[3] Generally speaking, the bird is associated with unhappiness and trouble. This may be because of its well known tendency to "steal" shiny objects, as well as its harsh, chittering call

#4 Erin (was NameFreak) :-)

Erin (was NameFreak) :-)

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, horses, tennis, volleyball, animals, marine biology, cooking, names, dancing, singing, clothes, science, history, world cultures and geography....Ummm....Pretty much everything but math!

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:20 AM

Magpie is a good name for her.

Nara
Joe
Quendy
Lil
Tempest

#5 TessB

TessB

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:44 PM

I like Magpie! I think it'd fit her! Maybe Maggie as a nn, But Magpie is a nn I could see for that type of person, and if she ends up wanting to change it then it'd be easy :PP GL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users