• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Marvelous_Things

Marvelous_Things

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,670 posts
  • Interests:Movies, music, psychology, history, literature, anime, cosplay, and names.

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:57 AM

My cousin's wife just had a baby a couple of weeks ago. The little guy's name is Alexander Xavier Declan. While I like all of those names separately, I'm not sure I'm too fond of Alexander and Xavier next to each other. Seems like too many X's to me. She had originally said she was going to name the baby Alexander Declan (which I think is a very handsome combo!), so I'm not sure when she decided to throw Xavier into the mix. I don't think the name is horrible or anything, just a bit of a mouthful. Thoughts?

#2 JennyB

JennyB

Superstar Baby Namer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:33 AM

I actually like it - both in sound and looks. Does she say Xavier" with a "Z" sound? If so, I doubt anyone would notice if they didn't see it in writing. I wouldn't care for Alex Xavier.

#3 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:17 PM

It is a mouthful. But, it also depends somewhat on how she's pronouncing the X in Xavier...however I prefer just Alexander Declan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users