Ainsley Gordon Michelson?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:11 PM

My sister is pregnant with a little girl and is leaning towards this name. Her boyfriend is liking it too. But Gordon for a girl? Is that normal to you? I came up with Ainsley Grace when they asked for name suggestions. They adore Ainsley but came up with Gordon as a middle name instead. I don't think it sounds good on a girl...Do you?

#2 Sunny Mummy! :)

Sunny Mummy! :)

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my beloved family, singing, dancing, writing (I have more than 10 novels on the go but never get the mind space time to finish any of them!), art, reading, spending quality time with Loved Ones, cooking (especially baking when I get the time), being outdoors in Nature enjoying God's GLORIOUS Creation (Bush walking, gardening etc), and... BABY NAMES have ALWAYS been an obsession for me!! :D

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:29 AM

My Beloved Grandpa was called Gordon and he was a VERY masculine Farmer, so the thought of a Baby Girl called Gordon is just WRONG for me, sorry!! What about Giordana? Ainsley Giordana is GORGEOUS!! :D

#3 Kiyeranne

Kiyeranne

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Thesauruses, the rain. Making up new words. The word phantasmagorical. Rose petals. The sound of a baby laughing. When someone smiles at you and the whole world stops for a second. Talking to Jelly Bean. Life in general. Nutella. Chocolate. Galaxy chocolate to be specific. Due date August 2nd, 2014

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:17 PM

I'm so sorry but Gordon just sounds so masculine to me! I may be biased also... (I'm British and we think of Gordon Brown ugh)
Maybe you could consider something similar to Gordon, but slightly more feminine?
Ainsley Georgina
Ainsley Gabriella
Ainsley Gillian
Ainsley Gwendolyn
Ainsley Giselle
Ainsley Gwyneth
Ainsley Guinevere
Ainsley Gail
Ainsley Giovanna
Ainsley Genevieve
Ainsley Georgette

Like any?

#4 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:30 AM

I assumed that this was talking about a boy, sorry! Ainsley is unisex, so to pair it with a blatantly male name makes it seem like a boy. 

How about:

Ainsley Caroline

Ainsley Hanna

Ainsley Vivienne

Ainsley Calla

Ainsley Annabel

Ainsley Savannah

Ainsley Claire

Ainsley Noelle

Or maybe something really unisex... Ainsley Reese, Ainsley Addison, Ainsley Reagan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users