6 replies to this topic

#1 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:29 PM

I really like the nn Edie but I haven't really found a fn that I really like that would give me the nn Edie... I was on the polls the other day and someone suggested Edelle/Edele. Its not really a name, its the mis-spelling of the name Adele, which I've always liked. But this mis-spelling gives me the nn Edie. I was wondering what you thought. Ive never really liked mis-spelled names but is this one okay or just weird?

#2 Evy

Evy

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:06 AM

Its ok. not one that wows me though

#3 Erin and Jack

Erin and Jack

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:19 AM

Its alright

#4 Guest_Feliciaxox_*

Guest_Feliciaxox_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:58 AM

i do not like it sorry for that but it just sounds not pretty to me and i like pretty names for girls this is not pretty really sorry.

#5 Guest_toribethh_*

Guest_toribethh_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:58 PM

Is it said Edie like on desperate housewives or like Eddie?

#6 Lilah

Lilah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:25 PM

I don't think Edelle would give you the nn Edie. It is still pronounced Adele (unless you wanted to pronounce it eee-dell), so the nn could be Addy, Eddie or Elle. But I don't see where Edie comes in. Names that give you Edie as a nn are Eden and Edith. I love Eden, but I don't know if that is what you like.

#7 Karin Marie

Karin Marie

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Interests:My Husband & Daughters, Being a Mom,Reading, Baby Names, Hello Kitty, Anything Cupcakes & Strawberries, SAHM, Animals, Nature, Writing Poetry, Reading Poetry, Music, Cooking/Baking, etc

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:59 PM

I really like the nn Edie but I haven't really found a fn that I really like that would give me the nn Edie... I was on the polls the other day and someone suggested Edelle/Edele. Its not really a name, its the mis-spelling of the name Adele, which I've always liked. But this mis-spelling gives me the nn Edie. I was wondering what you thought. Ive never really liked mis-spelled names but is this one okay or just weird?

I love it! :D I love love the name Adele! & Edelle/Edele is wicked cute! & Edie is a cute nn! you could still say it AH del kinda like Ava & Eva. =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users