• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Leyla628

Leyla628

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:24 AM

So I was already set to name our baby girl Giuliana, which is the Italian spelling of Juliana.

I had no problem with the name what-so-ever till a family member was like, well people are going to call her Goo-lee-ana.

I was like..........OHHH NO....

I actually saw the name in a magazine. Extra Host Giuliana DePandi was getting married to the Apprentice winner Bill Rancic. I absolutely loved the name when I saw it but now I am getting cold feet.

I did this with my first girl. I was originally going to name her Isabella and at the last minute I changed my mind and named her Elyssia. (Pronounced E-Lee-C-Ah)

My husband is dead set against naming her Juliana. He likes the Italian spelling. I like the Italian version as well but am afraid of the pronunciation part.

As far as a middle name we are thinking Sierra or Elizabeth.

I am due Jan 4th. I just thought I would post this for input!

Thanks,

Leyla

#2 Caitlin

Caitlin

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:I like writing, reading, biking, and baby names. <br />I'm a musical fanatic, play the violin, and I'm a child of God.<br />

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:59 AM

So I was already set to name our baby girl Giuliana, which is the Italian spelling of Juliana.

I had no problem with the name what-so-ever till a family member was like, well people are going to call her Goo-lee-ana.

I was like..........OHHH NO....

I actually saw the name in a magazine. Extra Host Giuliana DePandi was getting married to the Apprentice winner Bill Rancic. I absolutely loved the name when I saw it but now I am getting cold feet.

I did this with my first girl. I was originally going to name her Isabella and at the last minute I changed my mind and named her Elyssia. (Pronounced E-Lee-C-Ah)

My husband is dead set against naming her Juliana. He likes the Italian spelling. I like the Italian version as well but am afraid of the pronunciation part.

As far as a middle name we are thinking Sierra or Elizabeth.

I am due Jan 4th. I just thought I would post this for input!

Thanks,

Leyla

I don't think it's going to be that big of a deal. It looks like Joo-lee-ah-na and will be pronounced that way most often. If someone says it wrong, just simply correct them. That's all. You probably have more problems with your first daughter when it comes to pronouncing things correctly.

#3 reynkat

reynkat

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:43 PM

I agree that the Italian spelling is much better! I dont think the pronunciation will be too bad she will have to spell it over the phone and what not but so does everyone i know :( Hope that helps. As far as middle names im not sold on Sierra and i dont really like the flow of those names together Elizabeth is nice but sounds too traditional to me with the first name. Maybe Elizabel (or Elizabelle) instead?

#4 Danielle

Danielle

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:31 PM

I love the Italian spelling, Giuliana! It is more unique than Juliana.

#5 InstantDreams

InstantDreams

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:16 AM

I don't see the point of using Giuliana unless you are Italian - but the name is pretty nevertheless.

Giuliana / Juliana Elizabeth is lovely and very regal sounding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users