Name Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Juliet

Juliet

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Too many to count. Waaaaay too many to count.

Posted 18 April 2009 - 06:02 PM

For someone who doesn't know the era too well, this may be totally incomprehensible. For those people, I've included translations of most of the stuff that is more obscure. For those who do get all of the references, congrats. You're my new best friend.

First of all, the story is set in the late 60s, in San Francisco. The main character is a small-town girl (age 15). She has light brown hair, and her eyes are green. She's a little bit naive, and it is her first time living in the city. She is pretty quiet, and she is in San Francisco because she wants to be a part of something, even if she doesn't exactly fit in. Hippies seem like the "easiest" thing to assimilate into. Her ultimate idol is Grace Slick (From Jefferson Airplane). The premise is that she runs away from home into Haight-Ashbury (basically hippie-ville).

One of her friends is a yippie or digger (basically, very political hippie). He is 17, a little bit crazy, and very quirky, blonde hair, hazel eyes. He is a poet/guitar player for a Doors-type band. Very off-the-wall and strange. His only goal in life is to have fun, and help other people have fun too.

His sister is another friend of the main girl's-- She's 15, too. She looks a lot like her brother. She really admires him, and tries to be like him, but isn't nearly as political. She just goes along for the good music and community aspect of the Haight.

That's about all that I have right now, but if you have any suggestions about the character's names, or even the story, I could really use the help. Thanks. Sorry it's kind of a lot of information.

#2 HarmonyP

HarmonyP

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Well, obviously, I love names! They're so fun to look for and to search for the right name for the right character. I love writing, which is why I'm in constant search for a good name. I want to be an author one day, so my fingers are crossed. I also enjoy dance and hanging out with my friends.

Posted 18 April 2009 - 07:33 PM

Main Character: Peggy, Ruth, Elaine, Christine, Lois, Evelyn
Digger: Jack, Russell, Ronald, Steven, Terry, Keith
Digger's sister: Doris, Charlotte, Joyce, Pamela, Sharon, Carolyn

More? Good luck!

#3 Guest_toribethh_*

Guest_toribethh_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:59 PM

Main: Ruth, Mary, Anna, Susan, Sally, Evelyn, Sophia, Elizabeth
Boy: Tim, Tom, Rob, Harry, George, James
Sister: Annabelle, Charlotte, Jennifer