83 replies to this topic

#1 kwatts

kwatts

Superstar Baby Namer

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:29 PM

Twilight star Cam Gigandet and his actress girlfriend, Dominique Geisendorff, have named their daughter Everleigh Ray Gigandet, JustJared.com can exclusively reveal.

The couple welcomed their first child together on Tuesday (April 14). Everleigh weighed 7.6 lbs and Cam’s parents, Jay and Kim, and sister Kelsie, were all present for the birth. “Leigh” was in honor of Cam’s acting coach Leigh Kelton Smith.

Congrats to the happy couple!

Cam, 26, is set to star with Gossip Girl’s Leighton Meester in The Roommate.

Source

So, what do you all think of the name Everleigh Ray?

#2 Guest_Evy_*

Guest_Evy_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2009 - 05:58 PM

Love it!!

#3 JENN2688

JENN2688

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:50 PM

LOVE it!
So adorable!

#4 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:00 PM

I dont really like the masculine form of the name Ray, I'd prefer Rae.

#5 kwatts

kwatts

Superstar Baby Namer

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:11 PM

I dont really like the masculine form of the name Ray, I'd prefer Rae.

ITA. Everleigh Rae would've been a prettier name. But it's still better than the majority of Hollywood names out there. :)

#6 Fez

Fez

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:01 PM

It's a lovely name :)

#7 Gwyneth

Gwyneth

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,027 posts
  • Interests:I love reading, and writing, handging out with my friends, Drama and listening to music. I can't sing to save my life. I kinda like walking my dog, I love all animals, and travelling.

Posted 02 May 2009 - 01:11 PM

I think it is a beautiful name and flows very well.

#8 soccerisluv(:

soccerisluv(:

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:38 PM

ITA. Everleigh Rae would've been a prettier name. But it's still better than the majority of Hollywood names out there. :)

Ya me 2! Everleigh Rae would have been perfect! LOVE it though!

#9 Momo Cicerone

Momo Cicerone

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,022 posts
  • Interests:-Manga/Anime
    -Reality shows
    -Fanfiction (ages ago)
    -Books (Science fiction, Romance, Fantasy, Poetry, Adventure, Suspense, etc)
    -Shopping (shoes -watched too much Sex & the City)
    -Movies (and popcorn)
    -Surfing the internet
    -Video games (ages ago)
    -Dogs (Have an Alaskan Malamute named Zoe)
    -Karaoke (could stay all night long)
    -Drawing (ages ago, already lost my touch)

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:33 PM

I like it.

#10 Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:37 PM

I obviously love it but hate that now its going to be everywhere..........Im already seeing the name everywhere on the boards. I am just thankful that my Everleigh is older so I was loving it before it became popular not part of some bandwagon.

#11 Cadence & Nathan

Cadence & Nathan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:57 PM

Its not a bandwagon at all. I liked the name way before it became popular. I just wans't old enough to have kids. Now that I am pregnant I want to use it. Just because someone names their child a popular name, doesnt necessarily mean they are apart of some "bandwagon".

#12 StellaJordyn

StellaJordyn

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:07 AM

Its cute, and I agree with Cadence

#13 Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:36 AM

Its not a bandwagon at all. I liked the name way before it became popular. I just wans't old enough to have kids. Now that I am pregnant I want to use it. Just because someone names their child a popular name, doesnt necessarily mean they are apart of some "bandwagon".

Well I obviously loved the name since long before I named my dd this and she is almost 4 1/2 and yes it seems like a bandwagon since everyone seems to be jumping on the name all at once. It is my opinion and yes I am thankful that my Everleigh is older so it isnt like I came up with the name once I saw it on a post or somebody named their dd this..........and it isnt like I am talking to you directly just making a statement......do you have issues??? lol

#14 Cadence & Nathan

Cadence & Nathan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:22 PM

No I have no issues...I just happen to strongly disagree, that's all :) I, personally, think people could care less when you named YOUR daughter...a name is a name, no matter when the name was given.

#15 Guest_Evy_*

Guest_Evy_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:12 PM

I'd just like to toss in my two cents:

My oldest daughter is named Evy. She was born in 1996, around the time that the movie The Mummy came out. Everyone thought that we named her after the first character, Evelyn (evy). No, we did not, we loved that name since we were both kids.

Theres only so many names in this world and over 6billion people. I have had several friends name their child Noah. Is it a bandwagon? No. They just love the name and would like to show it off a bit. A bandwagon is only a bandwagon if you want it to be.

Just my opinion.

#16 Momo Cicerone

Momo Cicerone

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,022 posts
  • Interests:-Manga/Anime
    -Reality shows
    -Fanfiction (ages ago)
    -Books (Science fiction, Romance, Fantasy, Poetry, Adventure, Suspense, etc)
    -Shopping (shoes -watched too much Sex & the City)
    -Movies (and popcorn)
    -Surfing the internet
    -Video games (ages ago)
    -Dogs (Have an Alaskan Malamute named Zoe)
    -Karaoke (could stay all night long)
    -Drawing (ages ago, already lost my touch)

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:20 PM

When someone said she wanted to used the name i came up with, i was shocked. After second thoughts, i realized that no matter how reluctant i'd be to not let that happpen, someone else will come up with the idea or "borrow" it from elsewhere. As i said, one cannot pantent the name and claim to be it's owner.
On the other hand, I think there are many ways to express one's opinion, but rudeness -as well as you mean it or not - is always unnecessary. To be condescendent just will make you look worst.

#17 Guest_Evy_*

Guest_Evy_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:32 PM

I would also like to point out: When a name is 'bandwagoned' it is done so in a certain period of time. For example: Ashley. First thought that comes to mind 'oh god, that name is so in the 90's!' NOT 1992. In the 90's. Names become popular over a period of time. Another fine example. My son Noah. His name is super popular and blah blah blah. Do I care? No, because I love it. Does it anger me that other people use it? No, it means that it's such a great name that other people love it! I'm flattered!

#18 Cadence & Nathan

Cadence & Nathan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:38 PM

I agree! Also, no one person with that name is ANY better than any other person with that name. Everyone is pretty much equal, at least in my book.

#19 Guest_Evy_*

Guest_Evy_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:48 PM

Agreed. Though, I think it's maternal extinct to believe that her child is 'better'. Does that mean that we can push that belief on someone? Not really. As Cadence said, we are all equal.

Back to the name! Everleigh Ray. I would have liked it better if it was spelt Everly Rae. But a gorgeous name all around.

#20 Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:25 AM

No I have no issues...I just happen to strongly disagree, that's all :) I, personally, think people could care less when you named YOUR daughter...a name is a name, no matter when the name was given.

Good grief it is just my opinion..........sorry!!!! And I make no apologies I cant help it if I dont feel flattered that the name will be everywhere as it is already gaining in popularity atleast on the boards.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users