• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Raymond&Rebekah

Raymond&Rebekah

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

Firstly; I'm very new to all this as it is my first pregnancy, I do feel i slightly may be over reacting since I've got plenty of time to sort out the baby's name as i'm due in Jan 2014 & who knows it might be a girl :D

So here is the situation; my partner Raymond Thomas Cougeth (not real last name, but sounds very similar) has two children both boys.
there names are;

Hayden gorden cougeth (gorden after Raymond's deceased father Gordon Mitchell cougeth) &
Archie ray cougeth (ray after Raymond my partner)

Since i'm now expecting; all i can think of is what if its a boy? how will i name my son after his father when his 2 boys are already named after him and his father?? I'm not a big fan of the name Thomas as it is extremely common & also the name Mitchell as i know 3 of them all which i do not like.

am i being a sook or is this something im allowed to be worried about? please help me!!

a name if it is a boy ray and i both like is Taner but then Taner Thomas Cougeth isn't going to work with the 2 "T's" :S
so then i thought Taner ray cougeth but since Archie's middle name is already ray, can i still do it or is that too weird?

#2 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:19 AM

What about Taner Michael? Michael is close to Mitchell, so could still honour your husband's father. Or Micah? Micah Thomas would be cute too.
I think Hayden, Archie and Taner/Micah sounds handsome.
Have you thought of honouring your father, seeing as his boys honour him and his father. They'd still each have a family name, and I'm sure your dad would be honoured that you used his name for your son (if it's a boy).

Good luck! I'm sure whatever name you choose will be great :-)
Hannah x

#3 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:15 AM

I actually think Taner Thomas works nicely. I'm normally not a fan of alliteration in names, but this one isn't that bad.

Another way you could honor your husband would be to use his initials. R.T.

#4 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

First of all, welcome to BNG! Hope we can help you find a name you love for your little one.

If you have any questions about the site or how to get around, just contact me or one of the moderating team.

I like Katie's suggestion of using the initials R.T/T.R. :wub:

If you don't like Thomas and Ray is already in use, it gives you a bit more freedom to find a name you like AND still honours your boyfriend in quite an obvious way.

Have you thought of playing around with the letters of your boyfriends first and/or middle names to create a new name?

Might be an idea.

PS. I love the names Archie and Hayden.

• Raymond&Rebekah likes this

#5 Raymond&Rebekah

Raymond&Rebekah

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

:D thank yous for all your wonderful help, i love the idea of using the same initals RTC, though I'm really picky when it comes to names i cant know anyone with the same name plus my friends have children so all the good names are taken, my unlces name is micheal, i know a bisexual micheal, etc. not that theres anything wrong with that its just i want a name i wont think of someone else when i look at the child. theres a few other names i have in mind aswell so thank yous so much you have been a great help <3

#6 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

Glad we could help.

Would you like some random combinations using the initials RT?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stepfamily, stepbrothers, dad, little boy, daddys boy, names

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users