Please help me decide between 2 boy names!!:-)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Shery_*

Guest_Shery_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:13 AM

Ok so my husband and I have finally narrowed it down to 2 boy names that we love but we can't make up our minds!
To give you a little background, we are both originally from the Middle East living in Canada and we want a name that goes in both cultures and is easy to pronounce and goes well with my husband's Last name, Jamil.
The final two have come to are:

1. Adam Jamil
2. Jaydan Jamil

We love Adam because it's a name that works in both English and Arabic. It can never be mispronounced and it's not too common in the Arabic language.
What I don't like about the name is that it's very common in the West so I can imagine him going to school with other Adams in his class.

What we love about Jaydan is that it's got to syllabus so we can easily give him a little cute nickname, maybe J.J. Or Jay. I also like the fact that it starts with J and works perfectly with the last name Jamil.
I kind of don't like that there is a bit of a difference in the pronounciation between the Arabic and English. It's pronounced exactly like it's spelled in Arabic Jay Dan while it will probably be pronounced Jayden in English. I was also disappointed that one my good friends didn't like the name..

Soo which would you pick? Please help a first time mother decide:-)

#2 ElizabethRuth

ElizabethRuth

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

I love Adam! Very handsome and as far as I can tell it seems to be way less popular than Jaydan/Jayden. According to one website I looked at Jayden was #9 last year and Adam was #67 in terms of popularity.

#3 Bunko0

Bunko0

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

Definitely Adam! 

#4 12jigsaw12

12jigsaw12

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

Adam isn't actually that common in the West so I don't think you'll have much of a problem with that :)

Jaydan is nice but not everyone's taste as it can be seen as a little too 'trendy'. Personally I'd go with Adam.

#5 Babynamer122

Babynamer122

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

Adam

#6 PaigeA

PaigeA

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip