• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HxppySxng

HxppySxng

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts
  • Interests:Planners, piercings, Witchcraft, Netflix, & baking.

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:17 PM

Top 10 Girls List as of 20.12.2014

I've been playing around with some names for a few months and I've finally compiled a list of my top 10's. I'd love some feedback of any kind. Thanks in advance. If you'd like my feedback on your list as well, link it below your reviews, I'd love to take a look.

01. Jacqueline Lux [Jackie]

I love Jacqueline as a whole but I just feel like it's a mouthful as an everyday name. Since Jacqueline is so long and elegant, I feel that the short and playful Lux is a great pairing.

02. Madeleine Nicole [Maddie]

Madeleine is a name I have always loved, my only concern is the pronunciation issue that always seems to arise, it will be mad-el-line, not mad-el-in. Maddie is with the same point as Jackie is. I don't know how sure I am about Nicole going with Madeleine, so that is subject to change.

03. Cheyenne Kendra

Cheyenne has been a guilty pleasure of mine for years since I had a friend named Shyann. I loved her name but I thought the spelling was a bit trashy. I love the Cheyenne spelling, but I can't find any nicknames that I like. Kendra will definitely be changed because I don't really like it with Cheyenne but I couldn't come up with any better combos.

04. Giselle Sloane

Giselle is such a beautiful name, but it seems to have a "######" stigma associated with it. I like Giselle and Sloane but I think the s-sounds are kind of overpowering so the middle name will probably move around a bit.

05. Juliet Marissa

Juliet and Marissa are both guilty pleasures of mine, but they are totally usable. Juliet, however, is the name of one of my cousins but she goes by JJ rather than Juliet anyways, so I don't see a problem. Marissa (spelled Marisa) is the name of one of my closest friends who recently passed away in a car accident. She actually was Noah's sister and introduced him and I for the first time.

06. Aaliyah Rhiannon

Aaliyah seems to also have the "######" label along with it. I think the combo as a whole is very beautiful because Rhiannon is such a classic name whereas Aaliyah is more new-school and pop culture.

07. Terra Megan

I love Terra but I feel like it's not really complete. I like using Pantera and then having the nickname Terra but I don't like the r-difference. If you have any suggestions, let me know. Megan is an honoring name.

08. Aiyana Lacey

I love the name Aiyana, but the pronunciation is a bother for me, it's eye-ah-nuh, not ay-ya-nah or anything like that. Lacey is subject to change if I find a name that works better.

09. Courtney Michelle

I don't love either name, but I'd consider using them both elsewhere. Just playing around with ideas for this one.

10. Gemma Avery

Gemma is a guilty pleasure name due to Sons of Anarchy, and also Harry Styles' sister from when I went through my One Direction phase. Avery I've been loving but it's obviously unusable since I have Ivory. Way too similar.

#2 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:54 PM

Jacqueline Lux (Jackie) - Sounds glamorous, I like it! Jacqueline isn't really too long for an every day name. I say it as two syllables, though maybe its just my region that says it that way. And theres always the nick name to fall back on. I really like Lux though!

Madeleine Nicole (Maddie) - I love Madeleine spelled this way, so beautiful. Nicole isn't my style, it always feels filler to me. But the combo sounds fine.

Cheyenne Kendra - pretty, though NMS. I knew a Cheyenne who went by "shy" (I guess Chey because of the spelling). You could go by Annie with the name too. 

Giselle Sloane - beautiful. The S's do clash a little bit.. but I think if you swapped Madeleine Sloane and Giselle Nicole that'd be cute. 

Juliet Marissa - nice. The meaning is really sweet too.

Aaliyah Rhiannon - NMS, but its nice. I wouldn't think of Aaliyah or Giselle as b*tchy, but maybe thats just me. 

Terra Megan - NMS. I can't think of any full names for Terra, but I think its fine on its own imo. Terra just makes me think of essential oils though, as I own doTerra EO's haha.

Aiyana Lacey - I don't care for it either, sorry

Courtney Michelle - feels very 90's

Gemma Avery - gorgeous, I love it. 

#3 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:29 PM

About to go, but just wanted to say that Jacqueline Lux is perfection! One of my best friends is Jacqueline, nn Jackie. Lux is perfect paired with it. 

• HxppySxng likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users