7 replies to this topic

#1 Charl

Charl

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:20 PM

Hi there, I've used these names for a while for this family but something isn't right about the names. I'd love your input.

Morgan Family
Henry (46) Strict, seemingly cold and distant but deep down he really cares about his family. He was the disiplinarian.
Denise (43) Warm, traditional housewife. She dotes on her kids.

Henry (21) - Was named for his father but I think it's unlikely for them both to be Henrys. Harry isn't right and I don't like Junior. He's very focused and most like his father of all of the siblings. Wants to join the RAF after university.
Freya (19) - An artsy free-spirited girl. She argues with her Dad a lot but would do anything for her family.
Thomas (17) - Really sporty with a confident attitude. He acts tough but all he wants is for his father to recognise his talents.
Grace (17) - Thomas' twin. She has extemely poor vision and although she tries to be independant, she relies on Thomas a lot. He's extremely defensive of her, more so than even his younger sister.
Paige (16) - The baby and often over-looked child. Slightly rebebllious due to her family but is harmless in her actions. She and Grace are very close.

Back story: It's the world through Thomas and Grace's "eyes" (Grace is partially sighted) the trials and tribulations they face as they are bound together by their circumstances. Even though from the outside it appears that Grace is leaning on Thomas, it becomes apparent that he relies on his sister a lot too.

I like all of the names but they don't seem to fit as a family. Thomas and Grace are the main characters so I'd like to keep their names. For Freya, I also like Anna.

Any feedback would be great. Thanks in advance.

#2 Anna.

Anna.

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:17 PM

All are very nice names, but I don't think Freya or Paige "fit". Henry, Denise, Grace, & Thomas are all very simple, classic names. I think Anna would fit better for Freya to fit in with the simple, classic theme unless she is named after someone (Grandmother, Aunt, etc)...then Freya might work. Paige is too "modern" for this family, imo. I think Claire, Jane, or Elaine/Elaina would work better for Paige.

As for Henry Jr. I kind of like the idea of naming him after his father. Maybe give him a nickname or call him by his initials to give him his own identity. If not, James, Adam, or Charles/Charlie may suit "Henry Jr." better.

Hope this helped!

#3 Charl

Charl

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 05:12 PM

Thank you Anna.

I agree that Anna fits better for Freya, that was the only name I thought of to replace it with.
Paige doesn't sit well either, I know, but I think it's going to be tougher to find a name to fit as she's such a Paige in my head. Claire, Jane, Elaine/Elaina are the right kinds of names but they just don't really seem right for her.
I really like James for Henry Jr. I like the idea of Henry Jr but I don't like the nns or initials he has to be called by. He's still a maybe.

Any more suggestions?

Henry and Denise
Henry/James (21)
Anna (19)
Thomas (17)
Grace (17)
Youngest daughter Paige (16) Paige really needs changing to "fit" the family.

Thanks in advance.

#4 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:20 AM

Hmmm. I LOVE Henry, Denise, James, Anna, Thomas and Grace..

For Paige, here's some more names:

-Kristina
-Isabel/Isabella
-Olivia
-Danielle *
-Louisa nn. Lulu *
-Molly
-Kelsey
-Jessica nn. Jessie
-Eve
-Heather
-Holly *
-Eloise
-Alexandra nn. Lexi
-Faith
-Sarah *
-Cassandra nn. Cassie
-Emily *
-Catherine nn. Cate
-Maggie *
-Delilah nn. Dee/Lilah
-Bianca
-Megan
-Ivy
-Joanna
-Amelia nn. Milly/Mia
-Caroline nn. Carrie *
-Hannah
-Casey
-Laura *
-Miranda
-Elizabeth nn. Lizzie *
-Britney
-Hailey *
-Kate *
-Victoria nn. Vicky
-Amanda
-Ashley
-Colette
-Rebecca *
-Daisy
-Georgia
-Natalia nn. Talia
-Tiffany
-Lauren
-Eden
-Simone
-Gabrielle
-Naomi
-Madeline nn. Maddie *
-Adele
-Gemma
-Rose
-Elise
-Monica *
-Colleen *
-Sophie/Sophia
-Abigail *
-Penelope nn. Penie
-Samantha
-Emma *
-Bridget *
-Vanessa
-Melissa
-Alexa
-Ella

Hope this helps! ;D

-Yas <3

#5 Charity

Charity

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:More than anything else in the world I love being with my family, which includes my amazing husband and our three gorgeous daughters. We are currently expecting number four, and are so excited! I am of course a mother first, but I am a writer second. I am a nut about names and etymology in general. I love reading; I’m a sucker for both the more modern fantasy books, like Harry Potter, and the also classics, like Shakespeare. Music is another thing that I could’ve live without, and I have to say my tastes definitely lean towards modern rock: Nickelback, Hinder, Papa Roach, and Theory of a Deadman are my very favorites. Not too big on television, but I couldn’t live without Lost. I also love cars (and driving them!), and I am the proud “mommy” of a Ford Mustang. I’m also pretty big on talking and I like to see myself as friendly, so I hope to see you around the boards!

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:00 AM

What if the son was named Henry James, and went by his middle name ;) Just a suggestion.

#6 Charl

Charl

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:25 PM

Wow, thank you for the long list Yas!
I like:
-Isabel *
-Olivia *
-Danielle
-Louisa nn. Lulu
-Emily *
-Victoria
-Abigail
-Lauren
-Emma *
I love most of the names on your list but these are my favourites. Anna and Grace are quite 'simple' names but I can't find another one like that which I think will fit Paige. She seems like an Isabel to me but she'd go by Izzy, that or Lauren nn Lolly.

I love Henry James, Charity! It's perfect! Thank you!

#7 Charity

Charity

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:More than anything else in the world I love being with my family, which includes my amazing husband and our three gorgeous daughters. We are currently expecting number four, and are so excited! I am of course a mother first, but I am a writer second. I am a nut about names and etymology in general. I love reading; I’m a sucker for both the more modern fantasy books, like Harry Potter, and the also classics, like Shakespeare. Music is another thing that I could’ve live without, and I have to say my tastes definitely lean towards modern rock: Nickelback, Hinder, Papa Roach, and Theory of a Deadman are my very favorites. Not too big on television, but I couldn’t live without Lost. I also love cars (and driving them!), and I am the proud “mommy” of a Ford Mustang. I’m also pretty big on talking and I like to see myself as friendly, so I hope to see you around the boards!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:47 PM

Wow, thank you for the long list Yas!
I like:
-Isabel *
-Olivia *
-Danielle
-Louisa nn. Lulu
-Emily *
-Victoria
-Abigail
-Lauren
-Emma *
I love most of the names on your list but these are my favourites. Anna and Grace are quite 'simple' names but I can't find another one like that which I think will fit Paige. She seems like an Isabel to me but she'd go by Izzy, that or Lauren nn Lolly.

I love Henry James, Charity! It's perfect! Thank you!

Of course! I'm glad I could help :)

#8 JENN2688

JENN2688

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:37 AM

I like Victoria for Paige!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users