10 replies to this topic

#1 Aym

Aym

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

Lynn Venezia

A note about the middle names: Lynn is a long standing middle name among the women in my family so I would like to keep the tradition going. 

That said, her father's middle name is Venice and I recently had the idea to honor his as well, but perhaps girl it up a little: Venezia is the Italian form of Venice, so I thought that might just be a lovely addition. 

I really love the name Ava despite the rise in popularity (among others, which may surface in another post later) so for example: 

Ava Lynn Venezia 

Last name ends in an -er and is fairly plain. Would it work? 

In general, what do you think of double middle names? 

What about this one in particular?

This just occurred to me and I don't have much experience with double middle names so thoughts are appreciated! Thanks!

#2 Sunny Mummy! :)

Sunny Mummy! :)

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my beloved family, singing, dancing, writing (I have more than 10 novels on the go but never get the mind space time to finish any of them!), art, reading, spending quality time with Loved Ones, cooking (especially baking when I get the time), being outdoors in Nature enjoying God's GLORIOUS Creation (Bush walking, gardening etc), and... BABY NAMES have ALWAYS been an obsession for me!! :D

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:09 AM

When you are using Double Middle Names because they have special meaning for you, like yours do, then I think it is a very beautiful thing! All three of our Girls have Double Middle Names for this reason! One Middle Name describes what we felt when they were born (e.g. Joy, Hope) and the other is a Princess Name because my First Name means Princess!

I think Lynn and Venezia are gorgeous names, with BEAUTIFUL reasons for being chosen, and they both work beautifully with Ava! May I suggest saying Ava Lynn Venezia and your Surname out loud to see whether or not it flows nicely, and if it doesn't then maybe try swapping the two Middle Names around.

God bless and all the very best! :)

#3 AddyEm

AddyEm

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:56 AM

I think two middle names are fine, especially with a short first name like Ava. The only time I wouldn't like them is if both the first name and last name were significantly long names.

#4 CLA

CLA

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:33 AM

I definitely agree with Sunny Mummy. Ava Lynn Venezia sounds beautiful!

#5 cati1012

cati1012

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

I typically am not a 2 middle name fan. Basically because I have nieces and nephews and a husband with 2 middle names and it gets confusing with legal documents. Some places will use one name and another place puts the other.

I will say that becasue Ava is so short, it does not sound bad at all. I actually think the combo as a whole is very pretty :)

#6 NewMom32714

NewMom32714

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:04 PM

Everyone I know who has gone with 2 middle names has regretted it. That being said, what about Avalynn combined as the first name? Ava for short?

#7 PaigeA

PaigeA

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:26 AM

I have two middle names and so do my girls. I suppose it's all down to taste, but I personally much prefer double middle names to single middle names. Ava Lynn Venezia is beautiful :) <3 

#8 babynamegoddess

babynamegoddess

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:51 PM

I LOVE double middle names! I think that Ava Lynn Venezia is very pretty!

#9 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

I love two middle names! :)

Unlike the previous poster, I've never met someone who regretted it.

#10 Kaysee712

Kaysee712

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:23 AM

I plan on using double middles. They will have one middle name that honors someone and one that I just happen to love and think goes well with the other 2 names.

For example Montgomery Walter Reid, Walter is my husband's name and since he wants to have a Walter Jr and I don't that is our compromise. Reid is just one of my favorite names and it flows well in this combo.

#11 Laura2013

Laura2013

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:31 AM

True story: I changed my surname at the age of eighteen and added two middle names and haven't regretted it. One that my mam wanted to name me and the other is because I love it.

Ava Lynn Venezia - I think this is a gorgeous name but I'd swap Venezia and Lynn around. I also love the original Venice so what about Ava Venice Lynn?

Don't listen to what people say is right or wrong about double middle names, it's what you want, right?

HTH's

Laura

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users