Middle Name First Name Confusion!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_MommaG_*

Guest_MommaG_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:42 AM

My husband and I originally decided on naming our son Vincent and giving him my late fathers name, Gaetano, as his middle name. As time rolled on and my hormones started taking over, I suggested we use Gaetano as his first name instead. We would call him Guy for short. My husband was completely okay with it. But as I am a serious over thinker, I started to doubt whether giving our son such a strong italian first name would be the best choice. I am nervous about the constant mispronunciations and the comments his, very opinionated at conservative, family may make. So then I started thinking that we could just name him Guy instead of Gaetano, but with my taste in names, I feel like a one syllable name may sound less formal and more like a nickname. Im not a fan of nicknames, but am considering it for this because its in honor of my late father. Now Im feeling like we had it right the first time and should name him Vincent Gaetano because we love it and it fits the flow we were loiking for...I feel like I'm all over the place with trying to respectfully honor my dad. Please give your honest, but tatactful and considerste, opinions on which sounds better. We have a two syllable last name that starts with G if that helps determine the flow. Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users