• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HxppySxng

HxppySxng

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts
  • Interests:Planners, piercings, Witchcraft, Netflix, & baking.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:36 PM

1. I've recently developed a taste for the name Nikola/Nicola (Nikola Franta).

Which spelling do you prefer? Nikola or Nicola.

I was looking through some behavioral files, and I found a paper with the name Nycci (Pr. Nick-ey) which I investigated and found that it was short for the girl's official name, Nycola. I think I'm in love.

What are your thoughts on Nycci / Nycola?

I think I like Nycola "Nycci" Claire. I've considered Nycola "Nycci" Rose, but I don't think I'm a fan. Nycola "Nycci" Renee is gorgeous, but Renee isn't really my style. I couldn't find Ms. Nycci's registration records, so I'm not sure what this Nycci's middle name is.

What middle names would you suggest to go with Nycola "Nycci"?

2. Again, looking through behavioral files. I found the name Vianey (Pr. Vee-an-aye) which I think is so gorgeous and quite different. 

What are your thoughts on Vianey?

I tracked down registration records and found that her middle name is Kyla. Vianey Kyla? I guess its alright, but with Vianey being different, I feel like it needs a more common, however not traditional, middle name. 

What are your thoughts on the combo, Vianey Kyla?

What middle names would you pair with Vianey? 

3. Walking with Isabelle and the girls in the park, I heard a mother call for her children. She called for "Ash and Wendy" and a little boy and younger sister responded. Obviously, Wendy is the girl. But I feel like Ash is a nickname? Maybe its his name, but there's a tugging in my mind that says its short for either Ashton or Asher.

Would you rather nickname an Ashton or an Asher with Ash? Which do you prefer?

What are your thoughts on the name Wendy?

4. On a different walk in the park, I heard a child's screeching at another child. The screeching girl was yelling at another little girl. She called her Auntasia(?) It was pronounced Awn-tau-shzah. Mind you, she wasn't the best with her words, being maybe 3-4 and a very think (possibly Scottish?) accent. At first i was like, Auntasia? 'Poor kid, that's outrageous. Can you imagine having to learn to write it?' But then its sunk its way into my mind. I'm not sure if its it's madness or if its kind of cute.

What are your thoughts on the name, Auntasia?

How do you think it might be spelled? 

#2 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:06 PM

I like Nikola better mostly because Nicola has the word 'cola' in it. 

I'm really not a fan of the spelling, but it's a nice name.

Claire goes with it really nice. Others: Elise, Phoebe, Abigail, Lily, Vivienne

I've never heard it before. I kind of like it, but just looking at it I'd definitely pronounce it wrong the first couple times.

I tracked down registration records and found that her middle name is Kyla. Vianey Kyla? I guess its alright, but with Vianey being different, I feel like it needs a more common, however not traditional, middle name. 

What are your thoughts on the combo, Vianey Kyla? It flows well, but I agree a more common middle name would balance it well. 

What middle names would you pair with Vianey?  Lydia, Paige, Kate, Harper, Piper

3. Walking with Isabelle and the girls in the park, I heard a mother call for her children. She called for "Ash and Wendy" and a little boy and younger sister responded. Obviously, Wendyis the girl. But I feel like Ash is a nickname? Maybe its his name, but there's a tugging in my mind that says its short for either Ashton or Asher.

Would you rather nickname an Ashton or an Asher with Ash? Which do you prefer? I personally like Asher much better, so I'd go with that for the nickname Ash.

What are your thoughts on the name Wendy? I actually know of two Wendys that are friends of relatives, though I feel between Wendy's the fast-food place and Wendy as in Peter Pan, the name has quite a few connotations that aren't really negative, but I wouldn't ever use Wendy.

What are your thoughts on the name, Auntasia? I'm not a fan. And maybe she had been pronouncing Anastasia wrong? Idk.

How do you think it might be spelled? The way you spelled it would be my first guess.

#3 MommaMeg

MommaMeg

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:I love....Reading, Napping in a Hammock, Playing with Nora, making Wyatt laugh, Walking my dogs, Singing, Watching Movies, Running, Wearing Sunglasses, Walking barefoot on soft grass, making my husband laugh, remembering good things that have happened in my life, writing short stories, thinking up baby names...

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

I like Nicola or Nycola. I think that Nycola would be more likely mispronounced, like Nye-co-la. Nicola is my preference. I also think Nycci is cute, but might not be pronounced the way you intend.

Vianey is lovely. What about a short mn like Vianey Kay or even just Vianey Ky.

Ashton is a girl name to me. I love Asher so much! And I think Ash can be a cute nn or even a good first name. 

I DO NOT like Auntasia. Sorry. 

#4 PaigeA

PaigeA

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:50 PM

1. Nicola

2. I prefer Nycola with Nycci as the nickname and the spellings Nicola and Nikki. I definitely had the same thought as MommaMeg that the names may not get pronounced the way you want them to. Personally it's not really my style, but it's a fine name.

3. Nycola Claire is nice and simple. Suggestions: Faye, Shelby, Grace, Peyton, Skye, Brooke, Poppy, Isabelle

4. I think it's pretty! Unusual, I've never heard of it before. I would probably pronounce it wrong at first but still I quite like it.

5. I like it. I also like Vianey Phoebe, Vianey Winter, Vianey Savannah, Vianey Lilia, Vianey Summer, Vianey Sage

6. I know several Ashleys that go by Ash a nickname so I would probably assume it was short for Ashley. I like Asher more than both Ashley and Ashton, and the nickname Ash is cute. Wendy is nice, not a name I'd ever use though.

7. Not really a fan. I would probably spell it the same way as you did.

:)

#5 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:25 PM

1. Nicola is my preferred spelling, though Nikola is very lovely. I feel like Nikola's more masculine to me purely because of Nikola Tesla. I feel Nycola feels like a trendy, made up spelling, whether its legit or not. Nycci is alright, but I'd stick to Nikki / Nicky. It also feels made up <3 All the combos you suggested are nice, but feel very plain imo. Just not my style I suppose. I think Nycola Faye or Nycola Everly sound lovely, but Nycola Marie, Nycola Rochelle, or Nycola Mae would be nice.

2. I think its interesting, though NMS :) I think Vianey Kyla is lovely, though it would be a tad awkward to copy the name of a client / patient of your workplace. It feels wrong.. but Vianey Beatrice, Vianey Louise, or Vianey Danielle are nice. 

3. Ash is legitimate alone, like a nature name, but it could very well have been a nick name. I always had Ashley as a guilty pleasure name on my list for a boy, though of course with it being so popular on a girl I'd never use it. Ashton and Asher are very handsome though! I think both are equally handsome, but if I were to personally chose I'd chose Ashton as I have an Archer lol. Otherwise I'd decide based on the surname its going with.

I dont care for Wendy, but I've a personal association with the name that causes me to dislike it. I liked it before I knew her though :/

4. I'd assume maybe the kid she was calling out to was Anastasia or something hehe. I don't care for Auntasia personally, it feels a tad to strange imo. I think the "aunt" in the name feels odd to me as well. Ontasia could be a spelling, if you like O names. 

Hope this helps!

• HxppySxng likes this

#6 RR3

RR3

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:04 AM

Nicola (the other will constantly be misspelled poor kid)

see above answer ^

Rae maybe

not my taste, sounds like a knock off clothing brand

What are your thoughts on the combo, Vianey Kyla?

sounds ok

What middle names would you pair with Vianey? 

Rose or Lily

Would you rather nickname an Ashton or an Asher with Ash? Which do you prefer?

Ash is short for Ashley (ive never met an Ashton or Asher but I know in america everyone assumed my ex's name was Ashton and it drove him mad constantly telling people its Ashley and pointing out that Ashley is masculine and Ashleigh is feminine)

What are your thoughts on the name Wendy?

its my aunties name, its ok

What are your thoughts on the name, Auntasia?

are you sure its not Anastasia (maybe the kid had a speech problem, my DS and brother couldnt pronounce this properly)

How do you think it might be spelled? 

see above ^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users