• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:52 PM

Sorry to post again! Don't want to push other peoples topics down.. but Emily and Eris are the names on my brain. 

I brought up the name Eris to Mike and he really likes it! He said its one he'd actually use in the future. I love it :) He thinks its cool that it has ties to the goddess of chaos in mythology lol, doesn't bother me one bit. The problem is finding middle names.. I've found lots that I like, but nothing Mikes liked yet.. someone on the polls suggested Eris Gwendolyn and I think Eris Gwen might be one Mike would like! WDYT of Eris Gwen? Any other suggestions?

Mike looooves the name Emily, and I'm not in love, but I want to give it a chance. I love the name Emerson and the nick name Em, so I still have the nick name "Em" I could use for Emily. I guess I've always disliked it because it feels too "plain Jane" (though I love Jane so maybe I shouldn't use that phrase anymore lol). It feels used.. so I'm thinking of middle names to spice it up! I thought of Emily Eris, but for one then her initials would be EEE and thats not cool... and two I prefer Eris as a first name. I've thought of Emily Mabel but idk if Mike would go for it as hes so against Mabel. Maybe the compromise will work though. But I'm looking for something to spice up Emily that I could still sell Mike on. A bit of a challenge, but I'd really appreciate suggestions!!

Thank you, you wonderful ladies you are!  :wub:

#2 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

Don't worry about it Remy :-)

Eris is very pretty! Although I do think that Eris Gwen is a little short, but I love Eris Gwendolyn, so pretty! Hmm, Eris Clementine, Eris Adeline, Eris Madelyn, Eris Marguerite. I think it suits longer middle names.

I find Emily a bit plain too, there are just so many. Maybe shop around and see if there are other Em names he might like? Or maybe do a first name middle name combo such as Emma Leigh, that way he can call her Emily, but it's not actually her name? Hmm, spicy suggestions for Emily :-P Emily Wilhelmina, Emily Harriet, Emily Amoret, Emily Vera, Emily Juniper, Emily Piper, Emily Savannah, Emily Thomasina (I've been loving this and Thomasine lately as GPs), Emily Rosanne, Emily Roxanne.

We could have such wonderfully named babies if it weren't for the men! Lol, I'm kidding, but finding beautiful compromises is tricky!

#3 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

Eris is beautiful! Love the combination of Eris Gwendolyn!

It IS true that there are so many Emily's. The fact that I am Lithuanian and my given name is Emilija, my mother chose to call me Emily instead of Emilia when we moved here when I was 12. So around that time Emily wasn't a very popular name and my mother loved Emily, courtesy of Emily Dickinson, so it always stuck. I am mostly against any Em- names besides Emilia. Just a personal reference! 

Good luck to you and I hope Archer is doing well as are you! xx

#4 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:17 PM

Eris Gwen is a nice combo!  Eris isn't really my style, but Gwen compliments it nicely.  

I agree with you about Emily... I think the nickname Em is cute, but Emily does seem a little over-used to me.  Emily is a classic, pretty name though... but maybe you can convince Mike to potentially use Eris or Emerson or some alternative in the future?

Both Eris and Emily would sound cute with Archer! 

#5 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:05 AM

We could have such wonderfully named babies if it weren't for the men! Lol, I'm kidding, but finding beautiful compromises is tricky!

Truths, girl!  :lol: Hahaha but really, I love him. But his name sense is out of whack ;) 

I am loving longer names with Eris as well, though Mikes surname is long so I haven't decided what is better yet. Its Ejdowski (eh-DOW-skee). I wish Mike liked Gwendolyn as a whole cause Eris Gwendolyn does sound better than Eris Gwen :( I love Eris Clementine but that'd be a HUGE no from Mike lol! I'll have to ask about Eris Adeline though, I like! 

I've tried that, so far both Emerson and Emilia were both veto'd :( He does like plain Emma though :) So I could definitely try for Emma combos. He may like Emily Piper! He mentioned liking Emily Rose but uh I think thats the girl from The Exorcism's name... so Roseann would be out too :/

EmilyA, I'm actually part Lithuanian :) only a little from my moms side though <3 

Mike does like Eris enough to use it actually :) I guess I still wanted to see if I could make Emily work. I thought of Emily Saoirse or Emma Saoirse, thoughts? (I'd still be more likely to use Eris over Emily though ;) )

#6 Wildflowerchild

Wildflowerchild

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:26 AM

Eris Gwendolyn is gorgeous girl!

How about...
Eris Juliet
Eris Noelle
Eris Veronica