3 replies to this topic

#1 Wildflowerchild

Wildflowerchild

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:49 AM

What do you think on names like Annaleigh...which looks like it's supposed to be a first and middle name combined? Also, how would you pronounce it? I've always liked the name, but when some people say it, they pronounce more stress on the "Anna" rather than the "Leigh." I personally would say it "annaLEIGH," with more stress on the "Leigh." I've come to like a few "combination names" like this where the stress is meant to be pronounced on one half rather than the other. Another one I'm really coming to like is Emmaleigh. Not to be confused with the pronounciation of "Emily," but pronouced as "emmaLEIGH." I just have a feeling that if I were to use something like "Emmaleigh," it would be considered a "trendy" spelling for "Emily."

Opinions/thoughts??

Thanks!! <3

#2 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,161 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:06 AM

I quite like it, though I do prefer Anna Leigh, with Leigh as the middle name.
Mm... I actually stress the "Anna-". :D

I think I prefer the spelling Analeigh over Annaleigh though.
If you like the sound of it, what about Annelie or Anneliese?

I don't tend to like names ending in Leigh where it's smooshed together with another name.

#3 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:14 AM

I really like the look of Annaleigh, but I do place more stress on the Anna. I still think it's a nice name, no matter how you pronounce it.

As for Emmaleigh, it's really pretty, but most people will assume it's a version of Emily.

Both names are really pretty though. I think I like Annaleigh better because of the whole Emmaleigh vs Emily thing. Good luck!

#4 Jay.

Jay.

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:07 PM

I have always seen it used with Ana/Ahna. I'll add some spellings tomorrow since I'm going to bed...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users