#1 Mariel

Mariel

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:42 PM

Hey BNG!
I feel like I haven't been here in forever... You all were such help with my original character queries I decided to come back for another spin. 

One of my MC's has a pretty absent family, but at one point she spills the beans on them. I was about to write it when I realized... Shes the only one in her family with a name! Her name is Althea Connix. I need names for her mother and father, and paternal grandparents. I was looking for old-greek-mythological-esque names but came up dry. I'm not interested in naming them Zeus and Hera... I want something more whimsical and unusual. I was thinking about using Cosima, but voted it out to use in another story.

Her grandparents essentially raise her. Her grandmother is sort of a Betty White / grandma-bad-@ss. Her grandfather sits around a lot, complaining about the way life used to be, and reminding Althea to never miss a second of it. He's always there for her, but he's bitter at his son for dumping her with him. He wishes he could be her grandfather and not a replacement father.
Her mother and father were loving, and adored Althea. They did all they could to raise her properly, but they got tied up in some illegal (but just) activities. They were killed during a riot. 

Thanks so much for any help you can give me <3
X
Mariel

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:16 PM

Hm.

Girls names...

Briseis (BRISS ee iss) - like the character in the movie Troy, she was Hector & Paris' cousin
Chryseis (kree SEY is)
Dido
Evadne
Galatea
Ismene (is MEE nee)
Kyrene (ky REE nee)
Nephele (NEF eh lee)

Boys names...

Cadmus
Linos/Linus
Necktarios
Phoibos
Priam

#3 Mariel

Mariel

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:23 PM

Thanks so much!
I love Galatea, Cadmus, and Priam! They are great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users