• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mary's dreaming

Mary's dreaming

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Writing and looking at names. Yeah, I have no life....

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:44 AM

I'm writing a short story for a writing contest and I can't seem to think of a name for the main character, or her father. I've been calling her by her last name, Hainey and for him I just use pronouns. I don't really like popular names, though, her mother's name was Olivia.

Main Character: She's tall, and skinny with dark brown hair, bright blue eyes, and tan skin. She shy and quiet, doesn't have any friends because she has terrible people skills. She loves to read but her grades are horrible because she is spacey and doesn't apply herself. Her mother died when she was 2, and she has barely any memory of her. She is good at drawing and often draws her mother from memory, though she doesn't know it is her mother. She believes her father blames her for her mother's death because she was in the car when a drunk driver hit them, and she regularly has nightmares about it. She really just wants to be free and find out who she really is. She is 18-years-old and her middle name is Elliotte, cause Elliot was her grandfather's name.

Father: He's got dark brown eyes and graying dark brown hair. He doesn't hate or blame his daughter for anything, but he loved his wife a lot and can't seem to get over her death. He sees a lot of his wife in his daughter.

#2 Charl

Charl

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 05:36 PM

Yasmin
Roxanne
Zahra
Natalie
Tahlia