4 replies to this topic

#1 ashtona731

ashtona731

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:10 PM

After some "drama" in the poll section this morning with one of my polls, I've decided not to post my own polls there anymore. I got the suggestion to poll forum members instead, so here's hoping that we can all be kinder to each other the second go around.

My best friend and I are closer than sisters and have always dreamed of being like an aunt to each other's future children. We made the decision to honor each other by using each other's names as the middle names of our first future daughters. She is dead set on Devon Ashton (which I don't think flows all that well, but I'm not going to complain; I'll always love my future niece no matter what.) I've paired Gabrielle with a lot of names on my girl's list, but the following are my top contenders:

Piper Gabrielle

Meredith Gabrielle

Noah Gabrielle (also considering Noa to make it appear more feminine)

Amelia Gabrielle

Brenna Gabrielle

Which one do you like best and why? Thanks. :)

#2 Laney

Laney

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Jem cartoon, ER, CSI: Miami, Full House, Sailor Moon (original anime and live-action), Flashpoint, Felicity, ID channel, Food Network baking competitions, MasterChef/MasterChef Junior/Junior MasterChef Australia, movies (mostly 80's and 90's), writing/reading fan-fiction, baking, vegan cooking, photography, traveling, cats, books and tv shows/movies about female murderers, swimming, bowling, drawing, surfing the internet, forensics, Netflix, 80's and 90's music, picture editing, shopping, coffee (decaf mostly, but I love mocha Frappuccinos too)

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:01 PM

Definitely Amelia Gabrielle!  It's beautiful, feminine, and classic.  Can't go wrong with that one.  Gabrielle is gorgeous btw!  One of my favorites.  Brenna would be my 2nd pick.  Not a fan of Piper because it's overly trendy and I'm not crazy about the sound of it, and Noah is masculine and a top 10 choice for boys.  Meredith is okay, but I don't think Meredith Gabrielle flows very well.

Devon Ashton for a girl is a huge no-no IMO.  I dislike boys' names for girls, particularly if it's a first name which I believe should be feminine. Two boys' names is just setting your niece up for a lifetime of having to deal with someone mistaking her for a boy or asking her why she has a boys' name.  I also agree with you that it doesn't flow well.

#3 charmingbabynames

charmingbabynames

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Interests:Middle Earth, Narnia, Anime, Percy Jackson, Miraculous Ladybug, HTTYD, Tales of Arcadia, Star Wars, Disney, Marvel, The Selection, B99 / Writing, Reading, Singing, Digital Art

Posted 01 May 2017 - 05:03 PM

I LOVE Piper Gabrielle and then Meredith Gabrielle is lovely as well! Brenna Gabrielle and Amelia Gabrielle are also beautiful, I just prefer Piper :)

#4 Chrysanthe

Chrysanthe

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:55 AM

I like Noa Gabrielle.

What about Elise Gabrielle?

#5 AnneeV

AnneeV

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 10:10 AM

From your list, I like Meredith best.  Noa is also rather sweet, but I would have to know the last name it is being paired with.  In general, the last name is more important than the middle name as to how a first name will work.  For example, if your last name is Thayer, I would not suggest using Meredith.

Good luck to you! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users