• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AMontanaPM

AMontanaPM

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:41 PM

My boyfriend and I are think about having kids soon. Well after we get married.
His name is Tyler Ray Sims.and my name is Allyson Montana Parker-Myrick
I have had names picked out for my future kids for a long time. But now that i'm with him they have changed.
I was thinking if we had a boy we could name him Tyler Ray Sims JR nn TJ or Tyler Ayden.
For a girl it would be Skylie Alexandria.
What do you think?
Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you,(:

#2 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:42 PM

Either name is nice :) I've always liked the nick name TJ. I personally like Tyler Ayden a little better, but I just like the name Aiden, so. Plus I'm not personally much a fan of the name Ray. Its alright, just not my style. Skylie Alexandria is very pretty. I've liked the name Skye for a while. Very pretty :)

Are you looking for entirely different suggestions, potential sibling names, or what? :) Here's some random names that maybe you might like?

Lilah

Cambrie

Camden

Olive

Noah

Jack

Holden

Mason

Isabel

Rory

Willow

Vivian

Nora

Daniel

Isaac

Parker

Cooper

Laurel

Isla

Penelope

Tristan

Alex

Taylor

Genevieve

Marley

WDYT?

#3 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:56 PM

I'm not a fan of Tyler Ray at all, to be honest.  Tyler Aiden is better, but I just don't really like the name Tyler, to be honest.  I understand that you want to honor, so maybe just use the initials TJ.  Maybe Tristan Jeremiah?  Skylie Alexandria is cute.  Not my personal style, but cute.

#4 A.Camille

A.Camille

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Fashion, literature, sports, cosmetology, + daydreaming!

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:25 PM

I'm with Madi. Maybe you could just the initials TJ and give your son another name. It's not that I don't like Tyler, I just prefer giving kids their 'own' name. If you're not a fan of that suggestion, Tyler is a fine, established name. 

Skylie is a tad trendy to me. I much, much prefer Skye but to each their own. It's honestly not bad and I wouldn't judge you or roll my eyes at you if I met you and your daughter Skylie in public. ;) Just not my style. Alexandria is a beautiful & flowery name. 

Both combos sound great! I can only imagine how my names are going to change once I find the future father of my kids. Haha. Oh dear. But great job! 

#5 Marvelous_Things

Marvelous_Things

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,668 posts
  • Interests:Movies, music, psychology, history, literature, anime, cosplay, and names.

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:20 PM

Tyler Ray is okay, but like previous posters have said, maybe you would consider using the initials TJ with another name.

Tyler Ayden is nice, but I think Aiden looks better with Tyler. Otherwise there are too many Ys.  

I have mixed feelings on Skylie Alexandra. I LOVE Alexandra, it's been one of my favorite names for a while. I would prefer Skye to Skylie. Skylie just looks and sounds to cutesy too me. I feel that Sky/Skye would age better.

Here are some suggestions for T and J names.

Thomas

Tobias

Tate

Tristan

Talon

Timothy

Travis

Trevor

James

Justin

Jarrett/Jared

Jeremy / Jeremiah