7 replies to this topic

#1 Miss Madison

Miss Madison

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

Can you think of any nicknames for Victoria?

So far I've got V, Vicky, Tori, Rory and Ria.

Can you think of any associations to the name Victoria that could be used as a nickname?

As some of you may know, I don't like my name and am struggling to find a good replacement.

#2 ElizabethRuth

ElizabethRuth

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

Vic?

I knew a girl growing up named Grace and she hated her name, cause it had a religious association to it. When she moved away to university she just started introducing herself as Lucy.

Personally I like Victoria but understand if you don't. I don't like any of the nicknames for Victoria. Maybe just pick a completely different name? Easier said then done though. For a while I thought I'd start introducing myself as Libby but decided that would be way to complicated.

#3 BabyNameRater

BabyNameRater

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

Tora or Vick-Vick. Thats what we call my littlest cousin whose name is Victoria.

I knew a woman who was named Victoria and wanted to change it and when she did she changed it to Veronica since she liked it and it wasn't to huge of a change like something like Emma or Brittney would have been.

#4 Tora

Tora

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

My name is Victoria and personally I like it now but there was a long time when I didn't like it so I know where you're coming from. I grew up as Tori but changed my nickname to Tora about two years ago. A lot of people from my high school call me Ria as an old joke that just kind of stuck but here's a list of all the nicknames that I've heard for Victoria.

Tori
Vic
Vicky
Tora
Ria
Toria
V
Tor

Personally Tori, Tora and Ria are my favorites but they're also the only one that I answer to :P

#5 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:45 PM

Toria or Ri-Ri?

#6 ElizabethRuth

ElizabethRuth

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

Maybe you could rearrange the letters in Victoria to form another name. Like... Cora, Cat, Vera (no e, but an i Vira is close), there's probably more but I don't see them.

I think the comment about using something that sounds similar like Veronica might work too. Personally I like Vanessa. Theres also Valentina, Vienna, Virginia, Viviana, Viola... lots more too.

#7 .:alexandra:.

.:alexandra:.

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:linguistics, psychology, books, conspiracy theories (within reason), equality, space/astrology, names

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:16 AM

Vix

#8 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:10 AM

I love Victoria, but I dislike the common nick names to it (Vicky or Tori). They feel less appealing and elegant than Victoria itself is. I had Victoria nick name Story on my list for a while :) I think Story is a little more attractive than Tori, myself. I also know a girl who calls herself Tora :) I think its a nick name from another language, but she found it and posted about it on the boards and I think its cute!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users