• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:33 PM

My friend wanted me to write a story for her, and she has the plot mapped out, she just wants me to do the "hard part", lol :) So, I'm writing out the story! But here are the names we have/need:

Main Charector: Ophelia Cox. Her parents divorced when she was little, and she just gets randomly shipped to either parents house. Kinda feels unloved that her parents are this way with her. She's inwardly bubbly and sweet, but she keeps her emotions to herself because her Mom is very dramatic and hates all the emotions she always see's. Acts indifferent towards others exept her one friend, Malachai. She has a hard time with stability in her life, so every other "friend" she's had doesn't stay long.

Best friend of main charector: Malachai (?). He loves Ophelia (only as a friend throughout the whole story) and tries to protect her, but doesn't say so aloud. He helps her get together with a boy she likes but wont admit into liking. Is the only person that Ophelia acts totaly herself around.
Needs last name (prefer a very masculine last name for him)

Guy Ophelia likes: Cayden. (would it be weird for the name to be so close to mine? I don't plan on publishing or anything). Very handsome and sweet. Athletic. Suddenly got popular once he cut his hair (that was very long before). A bunch of girls like him, but he choses Ophelia over the popular girls cause he feels she actually loves him though she acts somewhat mean toward him at first.
Needs last name

MC's Mom: Rachel Cox. She's can't stand in the same room as her ex-husband without screaming, blaming, (etc) him. Is always telling Ophelia that love isn't worth the while, and is the main reason to why Ophelia is the way she is about emotions. Barily makes enough money to support herself and Ophelia, but wants Ophelia to permanently stay with her and not her ex-husband (at all).
Not sure if she should have a different name than Ophelia, WDYT?

MC's Dad: Derek Cox. Generally pleasant, but he has a little more self control over his anger at Rachel. But he still doesn't give Ophelia the attention she needs/deserves. Also wants Ophelia to stay with him and not Rachel, he makes a little more income than Rachel and can afford to keep her better.
Not sure if he should be the one to have a different last name, or Rachel.
And not completely sure on the first name.

Thanks bunches for all help! ~Hayden

#2 *Becca1*

*Becca1*

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:43 PM

Malachi Johnson
Cayden Walsh
Umm I would change Rachels Last name since they are divorced... But they dont have to be. My bf's moms last name is her maiden name - her ex husbands name...
Derek is a good fn
It sounds like a really intressting story...:)

#3 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:51 PM

Cayden Walsh sounds nice!
Though I dont care for Malachai Johnson (Johnson being the last name of my most recent ex-boyfriend :) ). Does Malachai look better this way or Malachi? Or Malachy? NN Mally ;)
Hmm, I need last names for Rachel then. I was thinking Rachel Greene, but for some reason I keep thinking of somebody saying a TV charectors name was something like that . . .
Thanks, Becca! Any more suggestions, please? ~Hayden

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:51 AM

Okay, I just noticed something and I need either a different first name or a different last name for Ophelia :) I didn't realize how it sounded until I was telling my friend about it. . .

Any last name or first name suggestions for Ophelia Cox?

I have Cayden Walsh as a final name.

Does Malachi, Malachy, or Malachai look better? I need last names for him too!

Thanks! ~Had

#5 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:02 AM

Okay, I just noticed something and I need either a different first name or a different last name for Ophelia :) I didn't realize how it sounded until I was telling my friend about it. . .

Haha, I see what you mean. ;)

Something short, definitely...what about Ophelia Scott? What do you think?

#6 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:15 PM

Ohh! Ophelia Scott is nice! Thanks, Alyssa! ~Had

#7 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:44 PM

Rachel Green is a character in FRIENDS. :P

Umm. I LOVE all the names you have so far! :) They're all quite uncommon, but GREAT! Love Malachai like this, or Malachi. ;)

-Yas <33

#8 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:01 PM

Rachel Green is a character in FRIENDS. ;)

Haha, she is.

I'm glad you like Ophelia Scott. :)

#9 Erin (was NameFreak) :-)

Erin (was NameFreak) :-)

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 678 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, horses, tennis, volleyball, animals, marine biology, cooking, names, dancing, singing, clothes, science, history, world cultures and geography....Ummm....Pretty much everything but math!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:10 AM

Maybe Rachel Miles? Or Rachel Caldwell? Or Rachel Scott. Rachel Scott would make sense, since Ophelia's last name is Scott.
Umm.....Kinda funny, my friend's half brother is named Malachai. I like it spelled that way. Malachai Jameson? Malachai Smith? Malachai Robinson? Hope these help!

#10 -SassyCassie-

-SassyCassie-

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 633 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:17 PM

oh that sounds like a good story me want to read it so badly >.<

#11 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:56 PM

I'm glad you like it, lol :) Malachai Caldwell is a nice combo. Thanks! ~Hayden

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users