• Interests:Bones
    Mysteries
    Baking
    Photography
    Science
    Writing
    Reading

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

I'm usually good at character names, but lately I'm really stuck on one!

My crazy in-depth back story:

Mother's name is Carys Allegra Harper. She's the daughter of an older couple who fostered children in their youth, but were unable to conceive on their own. When Carys was born, she was placed with them and they adopted her and renamed her, her name now meaning "joyful beloved". She didn't know she was adopted until she found a letter from her birth mother in her adopted father's work papers when she was 24. She cut contact with her adopted family in rebellion, and took off with Samson Jude Carter, the character's father. Samson is the son for rich parents, one of four children. His parents paid his way through school, where he met Carys. He became a photographer and teamed up with Carys for stories in school and when she abandoned her family, they traveled together for a while writing stories. But Samson wanted to settle down and have a family, which terrified Carys. They agreed on one month apart for persepective and when Carys returned, she saw him with another woman and assumed he had moved on. She fled to Indonesia, where she found out she was pregnant, but decided not to contact Samson and raised her daughter alone.

Basic Character Profile:

She's very personable and outgoing, something she got from her father. She's shy in new situations, perhaps a little skeptical, but jumps in like her mother always did, so definitely adventurous. She's got a mischievous air about her, loves to pull pranks and seems to have her father's nack for photography. Her mother doesn't talk about her life in America much, including her father, so her only family is the people her mom travels with. She's lived all over the world, but sometimes wants her mom to settle down. She makes friends wherever she goes, but her best friend is the daughter of her mom's photographer (who replaced Samson), Eleanor Amelia Scott, named after her mom's historical heroes.

I'm basically looking for a name that has a little bit of an Asian flair to it, because she was born in Indonesia. But something that translates into other languages, and maybe has a special meaning?

Is that too hard to ask for? Haha.

#2 Jay.

Jay.

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

The first think I thought of was Chloe. I know a college student from Hong Kong named Chloe :) if you need more, let me know!

#3 Alexis!

Alexis!

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts
  • Interests:Bones
    Mysteries
    Baking
    Photography
    Science
    Writing
    Reading

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:05 PM

More couldn't hurt!

I came across Moorea, which is the name of a French Polynesian island, so that has some potential for me, but I'm still not 100% sure yet.

#4 Jay.

Jay.

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:11 PM

Alrighty!

Maya
Maylin
Keiko
Makioa
Felicia
Vienna

Sorry, I'll give more when I get home to a laptop!

#5 kassieb11

kassieb11

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Art, History, Kite-Boarding, Kites, Xbox, Video Games, Puzzles, Movies, Reading, Mythology, Animating, Anime, Animals, Names, Cooking.

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:25 PM

Sri (Seri)
Ade (A-da)
Lia (Lie-ah)
Amalia (AH-mal-iah)
Hani (Han-ee)
Elsa (El-sah)
Kemala (Ceh-Mal-ah)
Ndari (NAH-dar-ee)
Yuna (YEW-nah)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users