Photo

(poll) Which name fits this sibset best?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Which name fits this sibset best? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Which name fits this sibset best?

1. Eliza Rosalie (6 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. Eliza Felicity (2 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. Eliza Rhiannon (4 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. Penelope Adele (4 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

5. Penelope Diane (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mishada

Mishada

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, I guess.

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:22 PM

Veronica Lilith, Bridget Cordelia, and ___________.

All suggestions and feedback welcome & appreciated, but please vote in the poll even if you hate the names! I just want to hear all of your opinions. <3

#2 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:20 PM

For me, it's a really tough call between Eliza Rosalie and Penelope Diane!

I like how the middle names match with the middle name Diane so well; Lilith, Cordelia and Diane! But I do like how they sound with Rosalie as well; Lilith, Cordelia and Rosalie! So all of the middle names sound gorgeous together in these pairs.

As for the first names, I'm a bit stumped :/ I like how Bridget, Veronica and Eliza sounds! But I like how Bridget, Veronica and Penelope looks!

So, I am quite unsure as to which to go with :wub: To be honest, I think part of how I like Eliza with those names is that I really really like Eliza a lot! And Penelope is nice, but meh to me. So I'm trying to be unbiased as to which sounds better, but it's hard! :)

With that said, I might actually think that Penelope Diane fits in better! :) Haha, after running this all through my head and my thought patterns typed, it turns out I do think this would match best. Opps, I voted for Eliza and not Penelope... but oh well. I still love Eliza with it <3

Hope my rambling helps you! <3

#3 -Tara

-Tara

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:56 PM

Eliza Rosalie

#4 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:39 PM

Heather, I love Veronica Lilith and Bridget Cordelia! I think they're all so under-used, it's a shame.
As far as a third name, I think Eliza Rosalie fits perfectly, style wise.

I do dislike how there's a bit of a "Z" sound in both names though, unless you're saying Rosalie as "Rose-a-lee" with the "S" in Rose being soft.
Loving how Veronica, Bridget and Eliza sound as a set though! BEAUTIFUL! :)

Also, I love Rhiannon, but it just doesn't seem to fit here.

You've always got such awesome choices.

#5 Mishada

Mishada

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, I guess.

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:12 AM

For me, it's a really tough call between Eliza Rosalie and Penelope Diane!

I like how the middle names match with the middle name Diane so well; Lilith, Cordelia and Diane! But I do like how they sound with Rosalie as well; Lilith, Cordelia and Rosalie! So all of the middle names sound gorgeous together in these pairs.

As for the first names, I'm a bit stumped :/ I like how Bridget, Veronica and Eliza sounds! But I like how Bridget, Veronica and Penelope looks!

So, I am quite unsure as to which to go with :) To be honest, I think part of how I like Eliza with those names is that I really really like Eliza a lot! And Penelope is nice, but meh to me. So I'm trying to be unbiased as to which sounds better, but it's hard! :P

With that said, I might actually think that Penelope Diane fits in better! :P Haha, after running this all through my head and my thought patterns typed, it turns out I do think this would match best. Opps, I voted for Eliza and not Penelope... but oh well. I still love Eliza with it <3

Hope my rambling helps you! <3

I ADORE rambling, and I'm at my finest when I ramble. Letting a train of thought run its course can really be a boon to decision-making. Honestly, I agree 100% with everything you said.

I definitely love Eliza more than Penelope, but as I've said before I have a lot of middle name troubles with it. Nothing ever seems GOOD enough. I like Eliza Rosalie, Eliza Rhiannon, and Eliza Felicity; I don't love them. For the record, Rosalie gets an extra point in my book because it is the only name on my list that could be family-inspired. I have a smalllll family, so that doesn't surprise me. Usually I have no interest in family names but I do give Rosalie a bonus. Rose was the name of my mom's oldest sister who died in a car accident as a toddler.

What I love about Penelope isn't really Penelope, it is Nell, Nellie, Poppy, and Penny. The nicknames (I love Liza, Ellie, and Liz for Eliza) are REALLY important to me. Veronica will be Vera if nicknamed, Bridget will be Brie. Vera, Nell, and Brie. Vera, Liz, and Brie. <3 Penelope's letter length looks better with Veronica and Bridget, but that makes it 4, 4, and 2 syllables. Eliza sounds better because it makes it 4, 3, 2 and balances it out but is too short to looks out of place, especially with the relatively short length middle names I picked out.

As far as Diane, I love it but I'm not sure I like the connotations it comes with. I think of Artemis (AKA Diana) and dead princess (also a Diana). Still, those are the associations I have. One good and one not so good so I'm a bit even about it. Adele has no associations, Rosalie has semi-Twilighty ones, Rhiannon has more myth stuff, and Felicity has none (though I do particularly like the meaning, "happiness"). Length-wise Rosalie wins, Syllable-wise Felicity loses out, meaning-wise Rosalie loses and Felicity or Diane wins, style-wise Rhiannon loses, popularity-wise Felicity loses, family-wise Rosalie wins. That's really all I look at with names (meaning, syllables, length, style, popularity, and meaning to me). That leaves Diane and Rosalie with an extra win, Rhiannon and Felicity with losses, and Adele at the starting point. Did that make sense? No. Sorry. :D

Heather, I love Veronica Lilith and Bridget Cordelia! I think they're all so under-used, it's a shame.
As far as a third name, I think Eliza Rosalie fits perfectly, style wise.

I do dislike how there's a bit of a "Z" sound in both names though, unless you're saying Rosalie as "Rose-a-lee" with the "S" in Rose being soft.
Loving how Veronica, Bridget and Eliza sound as a set though! BEAUTIFUL! :)

Also, I love Rhiannon, but it just doesn't seem to fit here.

You've always got such awesome choices.

Thank you, it has taken me a long time to decide on those combos as favorites, and really they could change any day knowing me. Veronica is wonderfully out of style right now, and Bridget isn't too popular. Neither are the type of names to see on a list, and there are a few connections between the first and middles that I really enjoy.

I think Eliza Rosalie fits best style-wise too, really, though I'm with Hayden that it does look short compared to the other two. Somehow I'm OCD about name lengths... and endings... which are the main reasons Penelope is on here. Penelope has a length that looks good with Veronica and Bridget, and it has a different ending so Bridget isn't left out of the a-ending club.

Huh, I never noticed the "Z" sounds, I focused more on how Eliza and Rosalie both have the same "A" sound in them, though Rosalie's is in the middle. I actually thought it worked though I usually don't like the same ending thing (like Anna Sonja or something...). Something similar happens in Penelope Adele with the "el" sound, and again I was surprised I liked it. I think it is just that the repetition is more subtle than in most names.

Yeah, Rhiannon doesn't fit. It is just an old favorite middle name for Eliza, like Clementine. I really like it, but the Welshness only goes well with other Welsh or Celtic names like Aoife or Carys which are on my list. I'm not Welsh so I suppose I should forget it. Thanks for the compliment, I try my best. :)

Thanks for the opinions, I love hearing them and rattling on about why this or why that. Also, side note, I plan to add another middle to each so if anyone wants to help me with that I should be putting up another topic in a month or so. I just really want some good two-middle combos. By the way, my boyfriend is rolling his eyes at how much I'm typing right now. He doesn't understand my obsession with names. :)

SORRY FOR THE BOOK. I'M EXCITABLE.

#6 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:07 PM

Hahaha! Rambling does seem to work well! :)

Mmm, I understand your issue with Eliza :/ I love the name Kate, but nothing seems good enough to stay with it.. :/ Family names are always great! I mean, if I used a family name it'd more and likely just be because I like it, but honoring family is a sweet thing to do <3 Especially being that family member is pretty special! <3 Eliza Rosalie would be super cute! Though, I agree with Yas and how the z sound is a lot :/

I love the nick names! So nice (: Penelope, nick name Poppy would be so darn cute! (: Vera for Veronica is nice, so much better than Ronnie! Bridget nick name Brie is adorable! :P And for Eliza, I've always loved Lize (sounds like lies) <3

Eliza does balance them out... with the 4, 3, 2 and stuff <3

Mmm, odd associations for Diane... but now that you've mentioned them, I do see them! :x Rosalie.. I do dislike the twilight association, but I ignore it (: I only watched the first movie once, so it doesn't pop to mind really...

Well, I kinda get what your saying! :P Yaya, I get it! :)

Even though your not welsh, you can still use welsh names lol! I have russian names on my list, like Nikolai lol! So pretty (:

But I ditto Yas! You've always got such awesome choices! :)

Hehe, none of my friends get my name obsessions either! They have made comments on my lists, and every once in a while they'll bring up some. But yeah, no one else gets my name nerdyness (: Though, I haven't yet told my boyfriend my obsession with names... :) Don't want to scare him away too early in the relationship! Hehehe! I'll break it to him later.... <3

No worries, I write "books" sometimes haha!

You know, Heather? You should totally save these topics! You can print them out and put them in a binder. Then, when your baby is born and grows older and asks about their name, you can show them where you got it! :P And if the child asks why you chose their name, you can show them the binder of how much thought you put into their name! :D

#7 ImaginationGirl

ImaginationGirl

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Acting, Singing and spending time with God, my family, friends and cats!

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:33 PM

I like Eliza Felicity the best, but I also think Penelope Adele goes well with her siblings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users