• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:08 PM

I'm in love with the name Knox lately. Knox matches nicely with Archer in theme and sound. It's not all that uncommon either, in the 300's of the SSA list (like Archer). my only hesitation is the difficulty I imagine I'd have introducing him to strangers. It's different enough that I can see people, especially elderly people, having difficulty with it. (I can only imagine how my grandparents would respond to it :P ).

Knox Henry

Knox William

Knox Theodore

Knox Cooper

What are your thoughts on Otis and Otto? I'm liking them both. Which do you prefer?

Otis Clayton

Otis Theodore

Conrad Otto

Otto Linus 

I'm loving the names Reid and Quincy together, what do you think? Does it flow alright?

Reid Quincy

I'm unsure on Felix. Do you think its usable? I kind of like it, it's sort of growing on me. My older brother had a doll growing up that was named Felix.. I've thought of two combo's but I'm unsure.

Felix Aiden

Felix Milo 

#2 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:00 PM

KNOX

Strong. Handsome. I think Fort Knox. Which is a good association imo.

I could see a little bit of difficulty [esp with elderly people], but I couldn't see it being any more difficulty than Archer. I imagine it would weld in pretty easy with the crowd today.

I like Knox Cooper a lot, but I think I prefer the classic middles with Knox. Henry is fantastic!! Theodore would be my second choice. I like William, but it's kind of boring in the middle spot imo.

OTIS

I just can't like Otis. I hate to be harsh, but it has a trailer-trash image to me. But everyone sees it differently! To each their own.

I like Otis Theodore. Otis Conrad would be nice, or Otis Cooper.

OTTO

Otto is so handsome. Love it. Sounds very European and nice. Simple, easy to spell, it has a lot going for it.

I like both Otto Conrad and Otto Linus, but the strength and dignified sound of Otto Conrad wins out for me.

REID

I can't say I've ever liked Reid, sorry. I do love Quincy. They sound nice together, though obviously I'd prefer Quincy Reid. :)

FELIX

Felix is totally usable.

For me, it's one of those names that I love in theory, but said aloud I don't really love it enough. You know? I still really like it on other people's kids. And Archer and Felix would be a swoon worthy sibset!

I love Felix Aidan! Really handsome combo. Also, Felix Cooper?

• Remy Hadley likes this

#3 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:47 AM

Thanks so much, girl!!  ^_^

William does feel a little boring as a middle name. Mike likes Wilhelm as a middle but I feel like Knox Wilhelm sounds odd. I'm pretty stuck on whether I prefer Knox Henry, Knox Theodore, or Knox Cooper. Knox Cooper has a lot of C and feels very.. trendy? But I love it anyway. I just love Henry in general.. Theodore is on the first name list as well with nick name Teddy, which Mike likes. Decisions!

I can see how Otis is unappealing. At first I'd felt the same way, honestly. It grew on me a little after watching Milo and Otis, having a cute pug face in mind. Then Olivia Wilde named her baby Otis and I'd originally felt "eh" on it. I guess it started growing on me after seeing it on a real life baby :) 

I like Otto Conrad as well, but Conrad is one of those "first name only" names :D I still need a middle name for Conrad anyway, but I could keep searching and go for Otto Linus... <3 So cute.

Reid is another name I'm more recently starting to like, as well as Quincy and Felix. I like how Quincy Reid sounds as well but I'm not sure how I like Quincy as a first. I feel like it sounds like a cool name, but.. not sure what's holding me back. I can totally get what you mean on saying out loud different than reading it. I'm that way with the name Lotus for a girl. On paper, it looks so pretty. When I say it out loud it sounds like "load us" :/ Felix Cooper would be super handsome as well! I'm so on the fence with having Cooper on my list. I really like it but I feel like its close to Archer.. even if its just a middle name, idk. I notice it. But I still love it.. <3 

• Addison likes this

#4 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:48 PM

Knox - I understand the appeal, and I agree that it sounds nice with Archer, but I do think it would be difficult to explain to people.  It sounds like "knocks" or even "noxious," which is a negative word.  I personally prefer it in the middle name spot, and I think it flows as a middle quite nicely!  I really like Henry Knox, Theodore Knox, and Cooper Knox!

Otis and Otto aren't really my style.  But I like Otis Theodore.

I like Reid and Quincy together, but I must say that I think Quincy Reid has a better flow to me than does Reid Quincy.  The latter is still nice though.

I think Felix is definitely usable.  I really like it with Archer, actually!  What do you think of Felix Aiden and Felix Milo are both nice, but they seem incomplete to me.  Maybe you could add a second middle?

#5 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:37 AM

This is why I'm back and forth on Knox :( I feel like it would be hard to explain. I might keep it as a middle name, it feels safer. I'll have to see what I can do with it. <3 

I personally would like two middle names but Mike isn't a fan of them :( He agreed to Archer having two as it was super important to me to honor my brother and we'd already picked Cohen before my brother had passed. But for future names I highly doubt he'll do it  -_- Felix Aiden and Felix Milo do feel incomplete though, I can see that. 

Ugh, my boys list feels so empty! At this point, there are no names I'd truly love to use. I like a lot, but love none. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users