6 replies to this topic

#1 Lazuli

Lazuli

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

My husband gave my final say for our baby girl's name. We will see how long that lasts. :wub: He told me this before and changed his mind after. Until that time does, I am throwing out some names for advice. Of course, I am not going to pick a name he despises and will try to use the names he likes ie Claire and Quinn.

Sophia is still on the table. Sophia Claire especially. As I stated, Sophia's popularity gets to me and Cadence's name is uncommon.

Gemma This name has grown on me. Unlike Sophia, it isn't in the top ten. Like Cadence, it is recognizable but unique. I think Gemma Claire or Gemma Quinn sound good together. Issue is that James is more iffy on this one.

Hayley We both like this name. However, neither Claire or Quinn sound good with this name.

Zoey For the longest time, I didn't like this name as a standalone. Because of Zooey Deschanel, I am growing on the name. I considered it for a nickname to Sophia. Zoey Claire is cute (ironically Zooey Deschanel's middle name) and Zoey Quinn isn't bad.

Krista This name came to mind because of Zombieland. Plus, it was the heroine in Ferngully. However, it was spelt Chrysta. Krista Claire is off to me but KC would be a cute nickname. Again, James is iffy on this name.

Michaela James' middle name is Michael and this was what he wanted to name Nate. I thought this would be a good way to include it. I like the idea of having Maci as a nickname. Claire doesn"t fit with the name and Michaela Quinn was Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.

Aubrey This is a name that James likes as well. Aubrey Claire sounds good but Aubrey is becoming popular. Plus, I wanted to try and avoid another A name.

That's about it. WDYT?

#2 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

I love all of these names! My favorite is Gemma but they are all great! If you want to use Claire / Quinn, I think Gemma Claire and Zoey Quinn are the prettiest combos. Good luck!

#3 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:02 AM

Sophia is still my favorite (with or without the nn Zoey). I also like Michaela and I don't think many people would make the Dr. Quinn connection. I do like Krista but not with the middle names Claire or Quinn. Krista Claire almost sounds like Crystal Clear.

I'm not a fan of Hayley or Aubrey...both are VERY popular as well and not as classic or pretty as Sophia.

Gemma is just okay for me. I used to like it but ever since I saw the movie Fool's Gold with Matthew Mcconaughey and Kate Hudson I think of it as a "dumb blonde" name since the girl Gemma, though not a blonde, was pretty clueless in the movie.

#4 Lazuli

Lazuli

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

Anniston This is another name I am drawn to. I like the idea of the nickname Ann or Annie. Again, I have this thing about using an A name. But, I might be making a bigger deal about it. I am trying to get a different beginning letter because two names start with A. Anniston Claire and Anniston Quinn are cute. Maybe even get way with Anniston Katniss. :wub: It doesn't even make the top 1000 in names.

Harper I tend to like this name on and off. But, it's popularity is rising. But it matches well with Cadence because it's musical in nature.

Tatum I had this name early on. I was pretty set on it for a while. It sort of died but I still keep it just in case.

*I have never seen Fool's Gold. I immediately think of the actress Gemma Arterton who played in the Prince of Persia.

#5 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:18 PM

I like Anniston! Cadie & Annie maybe? I personally don't think having another A name would be that big of a deal as long as they don't sound too similar.

Tatum and Harper aren't really my style. I prefer some of your other options.

#6 Erowyn

Erowyn

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:10 PM

So I haven't been around much (ok at all in several months) so I'm really late here, but Congratulations on baby #2!
If you like the music theme to match Cadence have you considered Lyric? it has gained popularity recently but i personally love it if you like the theme...

#7 JENN2688

JENN2688

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:15 AM

I love these, Gemma, Sophia, Harper and Michaela and of course Zoey :(

What about --
- Gemma Sophia
- Gemma Claire
- Gemma Quinn