• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,680 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:06 AM

I finally finished putting together my new lists! I like combos with a mix of popular and uncommon names in them, so that's pretty much the style I've got in these lists. I would love some opinions on them, and any suggestions you have! I am aware that the lists are very long, and I apologise in advance!

Asa Huckleberry

Asher Bellamy

Aubrey William

Atley Benedict

Brogan Robert James

Byron Mordecai

Calvin Draco

Caden Winter

Digby Holden

Dax Hawthorne

Deacon Felix

Emrys Harper

Edmund Aloysius

Eliot Thackeray

Emory Calix

Fox Nathanael

Finley Balthasar

Finnick Jude

Huxley Jonah

Henry Montague

Hugo Penley

Hamish Rafferty

Isaac Bravery

Jago Fletcher

Jack Lysander

Jay Osiris

Lane Maverick

Lennon Samuel

Leo Hawking

Lucas Prospero

Miller Jackson

Mackenzie Ajax

Oscar Tristan

Otto Wilberforce
Orion August

Peyton Maxfield

Rainer Montgomery

Rocco Sebastian

Rudy Llewellyn

Russell Fisher

Sylvester Pine

Shepherd Oliver

Theodore Finch

Vander Ignatius

Wren Fitzwilliam

#2 brimariiee

brimariiee

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, Baby Names, Netflix, Kids, Cats

Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:27 PM

Asa Huckleberry -Not a fan of Asa but nice combo.

Asher Bellamy -Feels a little feminine to me but that could be a good thing.

Aubrey William -NAF of Aubrey on boys but William makes the gender clear.

Atley Benedict -Good combo!

Brogan Robert James -I think it's odd to only have one with 2 middles, only really like it as Brogan Robert.

Byron Mordecai -A little unusual but a fine pairing.

Calvin Draco -Definitely gives me a vampire vibe. Maybe switch with Asher, Asher Draco and Calvin Bellamy?

Caden Winter -Unfortunately Caden is being used on girls so I wouldn't pair it with Winter.

Digby Holden -Digby sounds more like a nickname to me tbh.

Dax Hawthorne -Love this, might be my favorite so far!

Deacon Felix -I like this but it also feels a little off...maybe switch with Caden, Deacon Winter and Caden Felix?

Emrys Harper -A little unsure on this one.

Edmund Aloysius -No clue how to pronounce Aloysius.

Eliot Thackeray -Good combo!

Emory Calix -Calix is a little odd.

Fox Nathanael -NAF of the spelling of Nathanael but sounds fine together.

Finley Balthasar -Balthasar as a name always makes me chuckle but they are a fine pair.

Finnick Jude -Good combo!

Huxley Jonah -Unsure on Jonah with Huxley.

Henry Montague -Great combo! Another favorite!

Hugo Penley -Good combo!

Hamish Rafferty -Hamish is a little odd but fine combo otherwise.

Isaac Bravery -Bravery seems weird to me but, maybe a switch with Emrys, Emrys Bravey and Isaac Harper?

Jago Fletcher -NAF of Jago because of potential pronunciation issues.

Jack Lysander -Good combo!

Jay Osiris -Not sure how to pronounce Osiris, kind of similar OCyrus would be?

Lane Maverick -Good combo!

Lennon Samuel -A little off imo but good combo.

Leo Hawking -Good combo!

Lucas Prospero -NAF of Prospero, I think just Prosper would be better.

Miller Jackson -Surname heavy but good combo!

Mackenzie Ajax -Since Mackenzie isn't super popular on boys, I'd use a more common boys name for a middle. Maybe switch with Lennon, Lennon Ajax and Mackenzie Samuel?

Oscar Tristan -Don't care for the flow of these two.

Otto Wilberforce -Wilberforce only makes me think of the Seewald's now, sorry.
Orion August -Good combo!

Peyton Maxfield -This is definitely my favorite one!

Rainer Montgomery -Great combo!

Rocco Sebastian -Good combo!

Rudy Llewellyn -I've always assumed Llewellyn was like Lou-ellen but if that's not right, no clue how to pronounce it.

Russell Fisher -Good combo!

Sylvester Pine -I'm biased towards Sylvester but, good combo!

Shepherd Oliver -A little off but good combo.

Theodore Finch -Good combo!

Vander Ignatius -Eh, a little too odd of a pairing.

Wren Fitzwilliam -I prefer Ren for boys but, good combo!

• Laugh-Dream-Love likes this

#3 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:10 PM

I've sorted them into categories to make it easier.

Love

Asher Bellamy - Usually  I could take or leave Asher, but I think it goes wonderfully with Bellamy. Sort of a soft-sounding but still masculine combo. Really great!

Caden Winter - Caden is another one of those names that I don't love, but you've really made it work here. I've never thought to use Winter on boys, although I love the nickname Win, so it's really a great idea. A really unexpectedly great combo.

Eliot Thackeray - Super handsome and literary! Eliot/variants have been growing on me more and more recently - Elliot Calder is on my own list.

Theodore Finch - Really great combo all around. I've always loved Finch.

Wren Fitzwilliam - Really handsome! Wren on boys is growing on me after seeing it a couple times, and I adore Fitz names. The flow here is perfect.

Asa Huckleberry - Love Asa, and I like the combo's flow and literary connection, but Huckleberry seems like a bit much for me.

Aubrey William - Still not sure if I like Aubrey (on either gender), but you're starting to convince me haha. William is a handsome classic and they go really well together.

Finley Balthasar - It's very surprising to me that I like a combo with Balthasar as the middle, but I love Finley and I just think this is a really charming combo.

Henry Montague - I like Henry (although a personal connection has made it unusable for me), and Montague is a cool nod to Romeo & Juliet. Really nice flow/sound too.

Hugo Penley - I really like Hugo, and Penley is interesting. They go well together.

Leo Hawking - Strong and animal-y but also soft and classic. It has a really good sound.

Rudy Llewellyn - I adore Rudy, and Llewellyn is interesting in sound, but quite difficult to remember how to spell. They go well together.

Neutral

Brogan Robert James - not crazy about Brogan (mostly because of the 'bro' beginning, it reminds me of the common slang), but the combo has a good flow.

Calvin Draco - I like Cal names, and Calvin is no exception, but I don't like Draco (the Harry Potter association is just so strong), so it kind of balances it out.

Dax Hawthorne - Love Hawthorne as a middle (great literary association, and a down-low nod to my beloved Gale Hawthorne from the Hunger Games - and also nature related! what a winner). Dax I don't really like, but it's not horrible.

Deacon Felix - Not a fan of Deacon, but I absolutely love Felix. It's so hard to find something to pair Felix with and have it sound good, and you've pulled it off.

Fox Nathanael - Fox is cool, but I would probably prefer it as a middle. I also prefer the spelling Nathaniel. It has a good flow, but I think I would like Nathanael Fox a bit better.

Finnick Jude - I really like how this combo sounds, and I adore Jude, but I just can't get on board with Finnick. It reminds me of the word finicky, which isn't really a good thing (although the character in THG is quite lovable).

Jago Fletcher - Really interesting combo. I love Fletcher. I've actually never heard of Jago, and I'm not totally on board yet, but it sounds kind of cool.

Jack Lysander - I think Lysander is really cool for a middle, I'm just iffy on using Jack as a first when there's so many more interesting firsts to choose from (I've struggled to find a spot for Jack in my own list, since I'd like to honor a relative).

Jay Osiris - Don't like Osiris, but Jay is nice.

Lennon Samuel - If it were Lennox instead of Lennon, this would be in 'like' (although it wouldn't flow as well). There's just a bit too much N in Lennon for me. Samuel is a great middle though.

Miller Jackson - Decent names, but a bit too surname-y for a combo. I mostly noticed because on The 100, one of my favorite TV shows, there are two characters who are called by their last names, Miller and Jackson.

Oscar Tristan - Both names are nice, but I think the the flow is a bit off, maybe due to the S sounds and both being two syllables and sort of abrupt.

Orion August - I really love August, but I'm not a big fan of Orion - I like the stellar association, but I don't like the way it sounds.

Rainer Montgomery - Rainer is handsome (Did you once have Hugo Rainer on your list? It's coming to mind and it's a handsome combo), and they sound decent together, but Montgomery is just such a mouthful and not really my cup of tea.

Russell Fisher - Not a fan of Russell, but Fisher is really handsome as a middle and they go well together.

Sylvester Pine - Not going to lie, it sounds like a tree species (although it has a good ring to it). I guess for me, Pine is a little too far into nature to work as a name. Sylvester might be nice as a middle. 

Shepherd Oliver - I like Oliver, and Shepherd is okay, but I feel like it's not a great match. The flow is a bit clunky to me (which is rare for your combos). I think Oliver Shepherd has a much better sound.

Don't like

Atley Benedict - Just not a fan of either name. The combo sounds nice, but as a name, Atley feels sort of... unfinished, I guess? Like it's missing something. Adler Benedict would be interesting.

Byron Mordecai - Just don't like either one here, sorry.

Digby Holden - I just really don't like Digby. Holden is okay.

Emrys Harper - I like Harper on boys, and I want to like Emrys... but it just doesn't work for me.

Edmund Aloysius - Not a fan of either name.

Emory Calix - Not for me. It feels overly trendy, and I don't really like either name individually.

Huxley Jonah - I like Jonah, but I don't like Huxley at all. Sorry.

Hamish Rafferty - Not a fan of either name here.

Isaac Bravery - Isaac is okay, but in my opinion Bravery is too much of a word to be used as a name.

Lane Maverick - Just don't like either name.

Lucas Prospero - I like Lucas, but I don't like Prospero and the Ss clash a bit.

Mackenzie Ajax - Really dislike both of these names.

Otto Wilberforce - I think Otto is cute, but Wilberforce is just too much for me.

Peyton Maxfield - Don't like either name, sorry.

Rocco Sebastian - I really like Sebastian, but I don't like Rocco at all.

Vander Ignatius - Not a fan of either name.

I'll get around to the girls eventually!

• Laugh-Dream-Love likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: my list, boys, opinions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users