• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kiyeranne

Kiyeranne

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Thesauruses, the rain. Making up new words. The word phantasmagorical. Rose petals. The sound of a baby laughing. When someone smiles at you and the whole world stops for a second. Talking to Jelly Bean. Life in general. Nutella. Chocolate. Galaxy chocolate to be specific. Due date August 2nd, 2014

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

So basically I am writing a story in which there are a few characters I need help naming.
Also, can you rate the names I am using for the others?
Main character - slightly deranged fairy (female)
Either Faye Didyme Merriweather or Fen Calliope Merriweather

Annoying, half dead elf (male)
Surname will be Leafgreen

Baby girl
Either Delilah Salome Merriweather or Amalia Janeece Merriweather.

You think?

#2 LibraryDenizen

LibraryDenizen

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

For the deranged fairy, I would use Fen.

Faye sounds very soft, ladylike, and gentle--very un-deranged. Fen, on the other hand, also means a swamp, which is a little darker-sounding. I'm not a huge fan of Merriweather, but it works.

For a baby girl, I personally prefer Amalia. Delilah always makes me think of Samson's wife. So unless you're aiming for a sly and conniving type of baby, I'd go with Amalia.

Just out of curiosity, how does it work to be half-dead?

#3 Kiyeranne

Kiyeranne

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Thesauruses, the rain. Making up new words. The word phantasmagorical. Rose petals. The sound of a baby laughing. When someone smiles at you and the whole world stops for a second. Talking to Jelly Bean. Life in general. Nutella. Chocolate. Galaxy chocolate to be specific. Due date August 2nd, 2014

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:40 PM

Like, almost dead but not quite.
My imagination is twisted....

#4 Kiyeranne

Kiyeranne

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:42 PM

Thank you!
On a side note, do you like Dido Amalia for the baby?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users