• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:50 AM

Hello, I'm working on another story (I sadly can't just stick to one at a time :) ) but I wanted opinions on names. Here's what I've been thinking:

Anderson Faulk- she's the main charictor. Her nn is Andie. But she's shut herself away from the world because her boyfriend (that she'd been with for a long time) killed himself. She's pregnant with his baby (not all my story's have pregnant teen's in them, I just seem to need name help on the ones that do =/). She lives with her Grandpa in his home, her Grandma died when she was little and her parents didn't want her. Her Grandpa had a neighbor come over to "babysit" her while he was out to make sure she didn't do anything dumb, and then she saw her neighbors son. She basicaly falls for him but doesn't want to admit it. [not sure if I actually want her to be pregnant yet, my friend just said it would be more exiting]

Remy/Remi/Remington ?- He was Andie's boyfriend. He went out shooting with his friends and one of his friends shot him, though his friend said he shot himself (which was believable because he had been hinting about doing so). [Not sure if I want it to be that way or he actually did shoot himself]

Garrett Taylor- Andie's neighbors son who Andie starts to like. He has dark hair and blue or brown eyes. He helps Andie get over the loss of Remy (he was one of Remy's friends [maybe his best friend], too. But he had nothing to do with Remy's death.)

Gabriell(e/a)- Garrett's little sister. Looks just like him. Very outgoing and sweet.

?- a new friend Andie meets after her Grandpa sends her to a treatment facility. They really have nothing to do with each other, being she's being treated for cutting herself and drug abuse, and Andie is just outright rejecting people, but they end up somewhat friends with each other.

?- names for some friends of Garrett and Andie that might visit her while in the treatment facility and whatnot.

For Andie, I'm opened to suggestions, but I'm almost set on her name. For Remy/Remi, his full first name is Remington, I just want to know which spelling to use (and a last name). For Garrett, I need more last name suggestions. I don't want to use Taylor but I can't think of any last names! Any name suggestions would be great! Gabriell(e/a) is okay, but I'd apprechiate more. For the girls she meets at the treatmen facility and past friends I'm opened to anything! Thanks for all the help! ~Hayden Taylor

#2 HarmonyP

HarmonyP

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Well, obviously, I love names! They're so fun to look for and to search for the right name for the right character. I love writing, which is why I'm in constant search for a good name. I want to be an author one day, so my fingers are crossed. I also enjoy dance and hanging out with my friends.

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:20 PM

For Remington, I think the nickname Remi is best, just because it's actually in his name.

Garrett Stone
Garrett Hiller
Garrett Lefroy
Garrett Jackman
Garrett Dabney
Garrett St. Clair
Garrett Grant

Gabriella: Lindsey, Devona, Regina, Giselle, Gemma

Cutter Girl: Janice, Hilary, Kiara, Melanie, Giovanni, Riecher (pronounced ri kur), LeighLynn or Leighland

Garrett and Andie's friends:
Girls: Quinn, Daniella, Lauren, Tiffany, Alicia, Madison, Valerie, Cassidy, Bella
Boys: Harrison, Trent, Pierce, Reese, Calder, Keegan, Chad, Pete, Logan

Good Luck!

#3 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:34 PM

With the nn for Remi, I was curious if Remi looked more feminin than Remy.
For Garrett, Dabney and Grant sound okay.
His little sister, either Lindsey or Gemma.
Kiara sounds great! I love it! Though, Riecher sounds pretty cool. Is there any other spellings?
Friends, girls: Lauren, Alicia, Madison, Valerie, and Cassidy are nice.
Friends, boys: Harrison, Reese, Calder, Keegan, and Logan sound good with this story.
Thanks! These help bunches! I'm always opened for opinions! ~Hayden

#4 HarmonyP

HarmonyP

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Well, obviously, I love names! They're so fun to look for and to search for the right name for the right character. I love writing, which is why I'm in constant search for a good name. I want to be an author one day, so my fingers are crossed. I also enjoy dance and hanging out with my friends.

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:22 PM

Personally, I think Remy is more feminine than Remi, but maybe thats just me.

For Garrett I definitely like Garrett Grant better than Garrett Dabney

I like Gemma for Garrett's sister. It's kinda popular to have siblings with names that start on the same letter.

For Reicher, I'm not really sure. You could just change it to fit your idea of it. And if you end up using Kiara, the reason I suggested it is because it means "little dark one" so i thought that fit the cutter girl's sort of aura or something :)
Here are some spelling suggestions though:
Rycher
Reiker
Ryker
Reikur (although I like it better with an "e" instead of a "u")

I'm always here to help! Let me know what you decided! Good luck.

#5 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:52 AM

I knew I girl named Remi spelled this way, so I always thought it might have been 'the feminin way' to spell it. But I do like that spelling better.

Garrett Grant and Gemma Grant are cute sibling names! I think Gemma fits in well, being she's that cute little four/five year old sister who absolutely adores her big brother!

Ryker is okay, but I like Kiara better at the moment. I never knew it meant 'Little dark one', but when you suggested the name I actually thought it sounded right. It fits her aura perfectly!

These names really are perfect! Hopefully I'll get to finish my stories soon :) Life would be easier if my english teacher would stop giving me research reports! I hope your story works out as well as mine have been (at the moment)!

#6 Sprinkles

Sprinkles

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:59 AM

I also knew a girl named Remi. I thought maybe that was the feminine way to spell it also, but honestly I think either way is fine. It's a great name imo.

#7 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:33 PM

Thanks! I like this name for him a lot. It fits who he was. So, do you prefer it spelled the other way? I've always liked Remi spelled this way, but I'm opened to everyones opinions!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users