• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Madeleine Evelina

Madeleine Evelina

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:32 AM

Her name's Noah Lindsey - I actually like it! In the beginning I was like ''Omg, that's a name for a boy!'', but when I get used to it, and I love Lindsey, I think it's pretty cute :( But as you guys, I prefer Noah on a boy :o

#22 MBP

MBP

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:34 PM

Ha...it is funny but I posted another topic on here asking how people felt about this name for a girl. I came across this as a girl name on another Baby Name Website, and it was spelled Noa. At first I was like, "really? for a girl" But after a while, it really grew on me and I started to like it. I even used it for the name of a character in the book I am working on. My favorite baby name is Nora (probably one of the reasons I like Noa in the first place) so I would probably never use Noa anyway.

#23 Ava Perez

Ava Perez

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:43 PM

I definitely prefer Noah on a girl. I know a lot of women and girls who's names are either Noa, or Noah (I also know one Noha). Noah on a girl is cute, Noah on a boy is too biblical for my taste.

#24 meme83

meme83

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:05 PM

I think it's kinda cute on a girl. It sounds so heavy for a boy plus people always tend to expect so much of boys who have bibical names.

I also like the name Destiny Hope. I do feel that Miley Ray Cyrus fits her better especially since she looks so much like her dad. The story behind the name Miley is that when she was a baby her nickname was smiley because she was always so smiley and then eventually smiley became Miley so everyone started calling her Miley instead and the name Destiny just kind of disappeared so she just legally changed it.

Sorry i just had to put that in there about Miley. My t.v stays on the Disney Channel because of my daughter lol

#25 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:06 PM

Hah, I have a bias for it on a boy lol cause of Noah James x3

Though I read that Noa is actually a common name among hebrew girls, so Noa was actually made for a girl in the Hebrew culture (so said the article). I can honestly see it well on a girl, Noa looks very feminin and kinda does have a feminine sound to it. And the vowels together just seem to have a hawaiin/ girly sound to it. (dont know why hawaiin LOL, but it makes sense in my mind :(). Or maybe I'm just weird :)

~Haddie

#26 Mishada

Mishada

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, I guess.

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:43 PM

It isn't the worst boy name on a girl I've seen (Logan and Mark have that honor). I still would rather they keep it on a boy.

#27 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:59 PM

Hah, I have a bias for it on a boy lol cause of Noah James x3

Though I read that Noa is actually a common name among hebrew girls, so Noa was actually made for a girl in the Hebrew culture (so said the article). I can honestly see it well on a girl, Noa looks very feminin and kinda does have a feminine sound to it. And the vowels together just seem to have a hawaiin/ girly sound to it. (dont know why hawaiin LOL, but it makes sense in my mind :unsure:). Or maybe I'm just weird :D

~Haddie

You're right. :P

Noah (Noa-ch) is the boy version. Like Noah's ark. But Noa is the female version and in Israel and 'Jewish' places there are many more women with the name then men called Noah. :P I have an aunt called Noa, but personally in the english prn of Noah, I prefer it on a boy. <3

#28 funOne121

funOne121

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:02 AM

No way is Noah a girl's name.

#29 Ruthy

Ruthy

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:53 PM

I like Noah best on a boy but I kind of like it on a girl. I don't think I would ever have the never to use it on a girl though.

#30 AutumnLeigh

AutumnLeigh

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 608 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:32 PM

I like Noah for both, but I like giving girls boy names, I think its cute.
But that's me. :)

#31 -TebowTime-

-TebowTime-

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:02 PM

As for Metro Station. You might as well name your kid Wal-Mart! lol. I have a little cousin (Help the child!) Union Seventy-Six

#32 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:27 PM

You're right. :D

Noah (Noa-ch) is the boy version. Like Noah's ark. But Noa is the female version and in Israel and 'Jewish' places there are many more women with the name then men called Noah. :D I have an aunt called Noa, but personally in the english prn of Noah, I prefer it on a boy. <3

How do you pronounce Noa in Hebrew? :P I don't remember where I read about Noa on a girl and the Hebrew stuff, I do remember reading it though lol!

So Noah on a boy would be like Noa-ch? Almost like saying "no watch" slurred together like? :D Or No- ahhh-ch?

I semi like it on a girl- cause I can honestly see where it has more of a feminine sound. But that doesn't change my mind on my thinking it belongs on a girl in the American culture :D

~ Haddie

#33 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:48 PM

As I've said before, I prefer Noah on a boy :] but with the English prn.

In the Hebrew one (Noa), I prefer it on a girl.

And Hads, it's Noh-ah-ch. But the CH sound isn't prn like watch.

If you google "CH sound in hebrew" it should explain.

It's like the way we say Chanukah! :] ♥

#34 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:46 PM

Oooooooh! Okay! :D I see lol!

I'll go google it!

~ Haddie

#35 mercymicolejones

mercymicolejones

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

I love Noah as a girls name, it's my older sisters name and she's 24. It's a unisex name anyway so the Cyrus' might have just loved it and decided to use it.

#36 Riley_Jane

Riley_Jane

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Singing, Acting, Dancing, Writing, Names, Event Planning, Hiking, Fitness, Cooking, Baking, and Exploring new things!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

I did know she had a sister named Noah and I like it for a girl! I know most people on here are totally against boys names on girls or even unisex names, and I'm not trying to offend anyone. But I do think it's cute! Ryan and Spencer are being used on girls, so why not Noah?

#37 RebelItUp

RebelItUp

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:31 PM

Noah is a beautiful girls name. If you take off the h, it looks more feminine.
Noa

#38 CateNZ

CateNZ

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my daughter Emily.

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:37 PM

As for Metro Station. You might as well name your kid Wal-Mart! lol. I have a little cousin (Help the child!) Union Seventy-Six

The first person who referred to Metro Station said her brother was IN Metro Station not that it was his name. He's no longer in the band but his 'real' name is Trace Cyrus, him and his older sister Brandi aren't BRC kids he just adopted them.

#39 RainstreamofSpiritClan

RainstreamofSpiritClan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

I admit I'm kind of torn on this one. If I go by sound alone then Noah is a pretty, feminine sounding name, but I connect it way too much to Noah and the Ark to ever consider using it on a girl myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users