• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:45 AM

So Mike and I got this app called Baby Name, basically it pops up with a name and you swipe to dislike/ like. It syncs accounts so names that both Mike and I liked appear in a "match" section. 

These are the names we both ended up swiping as "likes". It's progress, at least. 

Ronan (iffy on Mike's behalf, and mine too for that matter)

Bennett (I can kind of see it, I just.. I don't love it. It's Mike's favorite)

Cooper (most likely MN only)

Finn (Mike seems iffy)

Finch (MN only, I really like and am highly considering using)

Fraser (MN only, honoring)

Connor (MN only)

William (MN only)

Elliot (MN only)

Cole (MN only)

Graham (MN only)

Anthony (MN only)

Ulysses (Unsure if I like it much, Mike likes)

Grady (Maybe, and only as a MN)

Desmond (I can't really see it on my baby, though it sounds kind of nice)

I'm feeling pretty good on middle name ideas, at least? I am leaning between Fraser and Finch as middle names, Fraser mostly for the honoring and Finch because I just truly love it. We both feel very good about those middle name ideas. 

On first names... I'm feeling really torn up. We've scrolled through countless names and barely have any in common. I've literally crossed off a good 100+ suggestions. He's about as opinionated as me, it seems. 

I know people say not to let popularity get in the way of a name you love but it truly, very much matters to me. I'm compromising with myself already and I'm considering any names outside the top 100 as a FN (any standing name as a MN). I also really care about how the name flows with Archer. The idea of using any names that are too matchy irks me a lot. I can't seem to let go of that. Names ending in -er, having a prominent "are" or "ch" sound.. I've also compromised with myself in that I'll accept a first name starting with A if we find a good one we love. 

Sigh... I'm not sure if this is a vent or a question or what. My heart hurts as a name enthusiast to potentially use a name I don't even like for my son. We have a few months left but still.  -_-  I'm opened to more suggestions, if anyone has any. Kind of hard though as I feel like I've thrown every name out there. 

#2 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 12:24 AM

I love all three Ronan, Bennett, and Cooper as siblings for Archer.

Sorry you are feeling discouraged! I will brainstorm some new names and let you know what I come up with.

#3 SelenaK

SelenaK

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy and historical fiction, archery, swimming and I love to cook!

Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:49 AM

I really do like Desmond! It's long been one of my favourite names and I like the stylistic clash with Archer but I know not everyone does because they are very different. That being said I like Bennett as well and that seems more of a 'match' for Archer. I like the middle name of Finch!

#4 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:00 AM

Bennett Finch and Bennett Fraiser are both very handsome! I get that it's hard when you're just not totally lovin the name <3

#5 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:41 PM

We added Rhys to the list the other night, it's not one I'm head over heels for but I like it. I'm not sure what it is about Bennett that doesn't feel right.. Like, I can see it being used but it doesn't "spark" any feelings for me. Like its a nice name just doesn't excite me.

I think what's really bothering me is worrying that I'll have him, give up, then end up living the rest of my life with name regret. Lol! Probably a huge exaggeration but hormones, man!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users