Due anytime with baby #3 please help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:26 PM

So we're due anytime with baby #3 our other little have the middle names Boy Bowie girl Zowie and our new addition girl we were going to name Rebel Cliva (ivy for short) my Nana's name but she begged me not to use her name because she does not like it. I'm scared ivy is too common but would Ivy or Snowie be better? Snowie is cute and definitely unique. Help please! No hateful or negative comments!

#2 Laney

Laney

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Jem cartoon, ER, CSI: Miami, Full House, Sailor Moon (original anime and live-action), Flashpoint, Felicity, ID channel, Food Network baking competitions, MasterChef/MasterChef Junior/Junior MasterChef Australia, movies (mostly 80's and 90's), writing/reading fan-fiction, baking, vegan cooking, photography, traveling, cats, books and tv shows/movies about female murderers, swimming, bowling, drawing, surfing the internet, forensics, Netflix, 80's and 90's music, picture editing, shopping, coffee (decaf mostly, but I love mocha Frappuccinos too)

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:40 AM

Ivy is a much better choice than Snowie.  Ivy works well for all ages, Snowie and Rebel not so much.  Those may work as nicknames, but not as her actual name.

Ivy currently ranks at #112.  Yeah, Ivy is getting more common, though not trendy (it's actually a traditional name) and your chances of encountering another Ivy are a lot smaller than if you named your kid Mary in the 1930's.  Less children are given the most popular names nowadays than they used to.  Popularity of names changes all the time.

If you feel that Ivy's too common, call her by her first and middle name together or maybe you could give her a name that means "snow" or "snowy" like Eira (AY-ra.  Welsh word for snow) or Neve, or something with a winter theme like Noelle (Christmas) or Bianca (means "white" and reminds me of the blanket of snow outside during the winter) and use Ivy as a middle name.

#3 dasch08

dasch08

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:42 AM

How about Ivana as a second name?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users