• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:21 PM

Please comment and suggest!

Felicity (Asha) Mae
Faith Elina (Willow)
Piper (Annika) Saige
Hope Eva (Skye)
Gwen/Gwendolyn (Harper) Saige

The names in parentheses are optional second middles if I decide to go that route when I have kids. Please comment on both combos (single and double) if you can!

Also, what do you think of twins Faith Elina (Willow) and Hope Eva (Skye)?

Thx!! <3

#2 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:30 PM

Asha Mae is adorable, though I dislike Felicity 

I love Faith, but Elina and Willow are not my style

Piper is so sweet! I like Sage, but I think the Saige spelling is unnecessary. Piper Faith would be adorable!

Hope Eva is the sweetest combo! Love it!  :wub:  Not loving Skye here. I'd put something a bit longer because both Hope and Eva are so short. 

Gwendolyn Sage is cute! Sounds nice with Harper, but I usually prefer Harper on boys.

-

My favorites from your list are Asha Mae and Hope Eva. That would be an adorable twin set! Asha means "hope or life" so it matches but more subtle than Faith and Hope. Or Hope Eva and Piper Faith.  :)

-

I hope I didn't sound too negative!

• Barbie likes this

#3 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:36 PM

Felicity (Asha) Mae - This combo is really pretty, both with and without the extra middle. Felicity isn't really my style but I like how it goes here.

Faith Elina (Willow) - I'm not sure how you're pronouncing Elina, but I think this combo is lovely, and I love how Willow ends the longer combo.

Piper (Annika) Saige - I prefer Sage spelled without the 'i', like the plant, rather than the admittedly more feminine looking Saige. The spelling reminds me of Paige. I love Piper, and as with the two above I like this combo both with and without the extra middle.

Hope Eva (Skye) - All three of these names are pretty, but I feel like together there's something missing in this combo even with the extra middle, maybe just because the names are so short. I like Eva better as a nickname for something longer, long Evangeline, but it all depends what you like.

Gwen/Gwendolyn (Harper) Saige - Same thing with Saige as before, and I think if you don't use Harper as another middle you should use Gwendolyn rather than having two short names. I still like Gwendolyn better than just Gwen even with Harper, but that's just me.

Faith Elina (Willow) and Hope Eva (Skye) as twins - To be honest, both names are pretty, but I think it's a little cliche to have Hope and Faith as twins, or even siblings. If I were you, I would only use one of the two if I had more than one girl, especially because the other names you like aren't virtues so it would just be them and not a sibling-wide theme, for which I would say Hope and Faith would maybe be okay together if you had a theme going. Otherwise it's a little too much, in my opinion.

• Barbie likes this

#4 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:51 PM

Felicity (Asha) Mae: I'm not a fan of Felicity. I've just never seen the appeal and it screams 'I'm spoiled to my hearts content'. While I can see that it can be a nice and usable name it's nms. On another note, Felicity Mae does make a really adorable combo. I'm not a fan of Asha or double middle names unless I have my last child and need to chock her full of names for my last hoorah like Uma Thurman did.  :D 

Faith Elina (Willow): I really like the name Elina but spelled Elena and pronounced E-leen-ah, not E-lay-nuh. Gets on my nerves when people pronounce it like that. I'm also a fan of Willow but prefer the alternative of Willa. While Faith isn't my favorite of the virtue names it is usable. I think if you switch it around to Willow Elina Faith or Willow Faith Elina it would be gorgeous! 

Piper (Annika) Saige: I LOVE Piper and Saige(spelled Sage) while Annika is one of my GP. I'm completely sold on your whole combo of Piper Annika Saige. I love it. Full of spunk with a dash of class. I'm ecstatic to see Piper being used, such a wonderful name. 

Hope Eva (Skye): Not a fan of this combo as whole. Sounds clunky and harsh. I kind of like Eva but not enough to use it. 

Gwen/Gwendolyn (Harper) Saige: Finally! Someone who loves Gwendolyn as much as I do! I actually really like the double name with this. Has a nice ring. I feel like it's time Gwendolyn gets a comeback. I really want to use it but hubby is always on the fence and says it sounds so old ladyish. Regardless, it's a phenomenal name and it's just lovely. 

As for the twin names, I agree with the pp that it is too cliche. I think Piper Annika Saige and Gwendolyn Harper (another middle name, possibly Mae?) would make a gorgeous twin combo! Love it! Piper and Gwen sound so great I want to cry at how beautiful it is and I only do that over my kids, lol!  

Overall you have a nice style. I can see how they're almost all similar in style. My favorites would be Piper Annika Saige and Gwendolyn Harper

• Barbie likes this

#5 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:27 PM

Here are the combos I prefer, though I do think the flow would depend on the child's future surname!

Felicity Mae

(Asha seems to clash a bit with them, making the combo seem a bit awkward... but Felicity Mae is simple and beautiful!)

Faith Elina

(I actually don't have a strong opinion on this one... either would be fine to me.  But I think I prefer Faith Elina just a bit.)

Piper Annika Saige 

(I LOVE Annika and think it sounds great paired with these two names.)

Hope Eva

(I like the names you have here, but Hope Eva and Hope Eva Skye both sound awkward to me.  How do you like:

- Hope Evelyn (Skye)

- Hope Evangeline (Skye)

- Hope Aviana (Skye)

- Eva Scarlett (Hope)

Gwendolyn Harper Saige

(I like both Gwendolyn Harper and Gwendolyn Harper Saige... Gwendolyn seems more complete with this combo than Gwen does.)

~~~

Faith Elina Willow and Hope Eva Skye seem too matchy as twins to me.  It just seems like you're trying too hard to have them be matchy, in my opinion.  Perhaps you could find names that mean either faith or hope, so it's a subtler connection?  Such as:

Elizabeth (meaning "pledged to God"), Elizabeth & Hope, Elizabeth & Faith

Eden (like the Garden of Eden?) - Faith & Eden, Hope & Eden

Nadia (meaning "hope") - Nadia & Hope, Nadia & Faith

Asha ("hope or life" - perhaps you could use this as a first name instead of as a middle for Felicity?) - Asha & Hope, Asha & Faith

Otherwise, I think a lot of your names could work in sibsets or as twins, even if they don't seem matchy.  I really like:

Gwendolyn & Piper

Felicity & Faith (<- same first letter but otherwise different)

Hope this helps!

• Barbie likes this

#6 HxppySxng

HxppySxng

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,040 posts
  • Interests:Planners, piercings, Witchcraft, Netflix, & baking.

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:48 PM

(Help me on mine?)

Felicity (Asha) Mae - I like it as a combo. I think it's good to keep both mns short when doubling middles. However, Asha and Mae are combined into Ashamae when said. Felicity Mae is cute, definitely a lot easier to say.

Faith Elina (Willow) Honestly, the Willow seems a bit unnecessary. Faith Eliana by itself flows more neatly.

Piper (Annika) Saige I like this one with Annika. It ties Piper and Saige together. Be careful when you misspell your names as you might end up regretting it later (I'm looking into changing my daughter's name to be spelled correctly Jade, instead of Jayde.)

Hope Eva (Skye) I like all the names together, but none of them separately. I think the name flows smoother with the pronunciation of Eva like ever, not like Eve. Hope Eva Skye, but with the ev-as-in-ever pronunciation. Hope Skye stands fine on it's own better than Hope Eva in my opinion.

Gwen/Gwendolyn (Harper) Saige ​Gwendolyn is a name I have bad associations with but Harper fits it well. The Saige doesn't flow with it.

Faith Elina (Willow) and Hope Eva (Skye) as twins - Cute sibset. If you do pair them, drop the double middles. 

• Barbie likes this

#7 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:54 PM

Thank you all soooo much! Your advice was wonderful :)

Yes, I do pronounce Elina (E-leena)

Bailey, I will get to your list as soon as I can <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users