• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pinkmonkey23

pinkmonkey23

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Interests:Names ⌇ My children ⌇ Supernatural ⌇ I-Zombie ⌇ Lucifer ⌇ Arrowverse ⌇ Jane the virgin ⌇ The Originals ⌇ The Vampire Diaries [Before it ended]

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:12 AM

Literally scrapped every name i had.. 

Need to find some new combos..

Doesnt help that i want the names to be up there in the runnings with my 2 other childrens names...

Anyone know any good Y ending names.. I was trying to stay away from Y ending or more specifically 'ley' and 'ty' ending as i have a Bailey and Liberty 

But its very hard not to go back to that same ending... 

So i came up with first name for a girl.. Kairi.. it ends in the 'eeee' sound... will i ever manage lol

Then came Sawyer... was okay for a while and i was set on it but then i was like.. well i want a name i can give a little nickname to.. sawyer you cant do that with.. so i became very unhappy with the name.. althought i love the name soooo much it is now reserved to a middle name spot.. As is Phoenix.. now we realllly LOVE this name.. Mr wants it as a first name... And is IS doable.. as i can have the nixie or finny nickname for it.. So that is an inbetweeny name.. 

Are there any names that are good and are ending in y ie / eee sound but not as much as the other 2 i have that end that way.. 

I dont mind 'Ley' ending names but but i'm not 100% sure on it.. As i do like Harley.. [ then realised Bailey and Harley grrr]

Can anyone help me...?

There isn't really a theme with middles but there is a thing where there has to be 2 of them.  I would like to have and Alan name in there.. or similar.. as thing for my grandad's and step father.. All named Alan.. :) And i would LOVE a name that has Lynn on the end of it as my mums name is that and i really want to incorporate it in to a girls name.. 

Now for the longer part of the explaining.... 

My 2 kids names are Bailey [dh picked] Ashton[ i wanted to have it as a fn but bailey sounded better] Richard [ daddies name] yet with my daughter there is NO incorporation..

She is Liberty[ A name that my mum suggested and i really liked it- therefore it stuck] Faith[ was going to be her first name.. but i didn't like it as i couldnt find a name to go so went as a mn instead] and Arizona[ Another name my mum suggested and i really liked it and it was a character on greys anatomy so it wasn't like it wasnt usable as there was a person named this on the show..]  so no connection there with anybody only the meaning of names.. Liberty means freedom.. Faith well thats obvious.. and they were my tribute to my grandad who died of cancer in 05.. and that was a representation of him in the names as he was free.. Alana was going to be in there too.. but my dh mum mentioned it was going to be what rich was going to be named had he have been a girl.. well that put me off as we didnt agree on alot of things [ no longer in our lives since 2010 as has been cut off for being malicious towards me] so i decided against that name.. I don't even really know why.. 

Okayy i think thats it... lol if i carry on i will ramble alot..

Any help would be appreciated immensely... 

Thank you 

Dani.. x

#2 JennyB

JennyB

Superstar Baby Namer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:56 PM

Names w/-ny

Anni

Jenny

Bethany

Harmony

Brittany

Abigail/Abbie

Avalon/Avie

Courtney

Names ending in -ry

Aubrey

Claire/Clara (not quite -ry, but similar!)

Lori

Mallory

Tori

Victory

I was going to suggest Alana to incorporate Alan, but you nixed that one! What about Delaney/Dalaney? Lana would honor Alan, too, but I am not sure what to pair it with. Alaine is nice, too.

#3 pinkmonkey23

pinkmonkey23

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Interests:Names ⌇ My children ⌇ Supernatural ⌇ I-Zombie ⌇ Lucifer ⌇ Arrowverse ⌇ Jane the virgin ⌇ The Originals ⌇ The Vampire Diaries [Before it ended]

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:04 AM

Thank you.. I actually unexpectedly found some names that i like but i have to run them by the mr before i say its a defo and i didnt think of anagrams great idea.. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users