5 replies to this topic

#1 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

Liking a whole new array of names and considering them for my list. They are my new prospective additions

First off is...

Crockett

It's something that I'd only put in the middle spot. Davy Crockett (the television show) was one of my favorites as a child, and it honors someone close to me. Thoughts? Combos?

Stephen

This one isn't odd or anything, but I'd still like opinions. Another one just for the middle spot. I love the Biblical connotations Thoughts?

Wilhelm

I sort of just fell for this one and I don't know why. I think it would fit so good with a brother named Friedrich. Thoughts?

Olaf

I'm Norwegian and I just like the name. I'd probably only use it in the middle name spot. Has Disney's popular snowman ruined it, though? Thoughts on it in general?

Anselm

I just like it a lot. Again, would fit well with Friedrich, and Wilhelm. Thoughts?

Esbjorn

Again, I am Scandinavian and I like the sound. The meaning (divine bear) is cute, and you have the nickname Bear :) Thoughts?

Espen

Be honest...do you automatically think of ESPN? It's a legitimate Norwegian male name, and I love it, but I don't want everyone to think it is a creative twist on ESPN... General thoughts?

Any feedback is great!! Thank you.

#2 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

anyone at all have thoughts?

honestly anything helps.

#3 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

I like Espen, but it does kinda remind me of ESPN, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Anselm and Wilhelm are nice too, and I sort of like Stephen. The others aren't my style really. I do like the combo of Espen Olaf though, very handsome.

Sorry it's a little short, but I'm on my iPad and it's hard to type. Did you want suggestions for combos? I quite like Stephen Crockett, although you said that Stephen would be a middle name. I hope this is helpful!

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:00 PM

Crockett is interesting, it makes me think of a lot of things ranging from a crock pot to croquet. Lol. Not my style, but its alright! Would make a unique middle indeed :)

Stephen is handsome and timeless. Can't go wrong with it.

Wilhelm is so adorable, though I can totally see people trying to go all german when saying it haha. I think its so cute though!

I don't care for Olaf myself, makes me think of an "oaf" :( Sorry!

Anselm is really handsome! I like!

Esbjorn isn't my style, sorry :( It looks a tad confusing to say... es-byorn? I think plain Bear would be cute to use! But I'm biased being Bear is within my sons name, and I called my brother Bear. 

I actually thought of Aspen when I first saw Espen, but now that you bring it up it does look like ESPN :/

#5 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:10 PM

Crockett would make a cool mn, and it is special too with your conotation to it :)

Stephen is always a nice middle... I too love the Biblical association!

Wilhelm is adorable... I have to say!! Would be VERY handsome as either fn or mn :D

For Olaf, I do like the Espen Olaf idea... othwise, I am not a huge fan :( sorry

The other two are nms, but if they have meaning to you, then I say by all means, use them! :)

#6 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

Thanks for the feedback!! :)

I decided to throw out Crockett (I was borderline on it, so I decided no)

Also, I forgot to mention that Esbjorn is another just for the middle, not the FN. It is pron Ehs-byorn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users