2 replies to this topic

#1 Annie S.

Annie S.

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:16 PM

Hi guys! I was on the way home from Barnes & Noble with two of my little sisters and we were reading The Twelve Dancing Princesses because I love that story so much. Then, one of my sisters said that I should write The Twelve Dances Princes. I immediately got a new idea. I want to write a book with a bunch of different fairy tales, with the genders of every single character reversed. I know a lot of people have rewritten fairy tales, but this one is going to be different. I promise.
What I need from you guys is a whole bunch of different name ideas from every single fairy tale that you know. So far I have one name. In the story, Cinderella, the main character's name is Ella but her sisters call her Cinderella. I picked the name Asher with the nickname "Ashes" for her male counterpart in my story. I want names for every character that you know for the opposite gender that reminds you of the character from the actual story. (Please write the name of the fairy tale the character is from and the name of the original character.) Sorry this is so long! Please help me! I've never wanted to write anything more in my life! Thanks!

#2 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:00 PM

That is such a cool idea!!!
Love Cinderella--Asher <3

Repunzel- name is a flower, could use another flower/nature name
SnowWhite- color and object: JetBlack, CyanBlue...
Princess and the Pea- could do a search for a true Prince/gentleman. She doesn't have a solid name I don't think. In one version I have her name is Peg.
Little Red Riding Hood- Rider?
Jack and the Beanstalk- Jaquline nn Jackie is an option. (Jackie and the CornStalk?)
Sleeping Beauty- Aurora... Auberon, Aubrey, Auburn, Auden, Audley, August, Aurelio, Austin
Briar Rose... Stone, Forrest, River, Talon, Willow, Aspen, Ford, Laken, Leaf, Glen,

Hope I helped!

#3 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 11:49 AM

Asher nn Ash/Ashes is awesome for Cinderella.
So it's a sort of genderbend kinda thing? Sounds awesome. Though coming up with a name that fits is hard!!

Here's a few ideas.

[ALADDIN] Set in Saudi Arabia
Jasmine (flower):
Nasi (sweet grass)
Kader (powerful)
Malik (king)
Rabah (prosperity)

Aladdin (Arabic, meaning noble):
Alina (noble)
Sara (noble)
Nabila (noble)
Samia (noble)
Kenza (treasure)
Mouna (wish)

[BEAUTY AND THE BEAST] Set in France
Belle (French, Beautiful):
Alain (handsome)
Didier (desired)
Pierre (rock)
Hugh (intelligent)
Andre (courageous)
Gilbert (bright boy)

[THE LITTLE MERMAID] Set in Atlantic Ocean/Denmark or Greenland
Ariel (Hebrew, lion of God):
Reed (red haired, also wetlant plant)
Admon (red peony)
Gilroy (son of the red head - also includes word Gill)
Rudyard (red paddock)
Russell (little red)
Fin (fish appendage)
Calder (stream)
Caspian (sea)

Working on some more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users