• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BellaBoo

BellaBoo

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:The Boston Bruins. Harry Potter. My best friends. Country Music. London. Baby Names :)

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:40 PM

Alright so I wasn't going to post this... but i can't help it, I want to know what you think!!

Here are my top 25!

James Tucker
Jack Sebastian

Emmaline Pearl
Caleb Jude
Samuel Boston
Ava Judith
Lorelai Polly
Catherine Lindsay

Henry Charles
Josephine Honor
Juliet Iris
Rosalind Sylvie

Graham Joseph
Elizabeth Maeve
Joel Atticus
Owen Lysander
Levi River

Susannah Claire
Robert Raymond
Finn Matthew
Nicholas Reid
Coleman John

Adelaide Rita
Lily Constance
Grace Isobel

Thanks!!
-Dani

#2 D3sire

D3sire

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:34 PM

James Tucker - I like James. It is timeless and strong. Tucker however is not my style. It feels weak and flimsy to me. I always think of a dog tucking his tail between his legs. It also rhymes with a certain F word.
Jack Sebastian - I love both names. They work well together for style imo but something feels off with the flow.
Emmaline Pearl - Beautiful! It has a timeless elegance. I love Emmeline. Great flow and well matched.
Caleb Jude - Great combo! I love Jude!
Samuel Boston - I like Samuel and I see where you are going with the timeless first names and middle names with interest. However Samuel Boston feels very slushy to me, too much S.
Ava Judith - Ava is nice though quite popular. Judith feels very dated to me.
Lorelai Polly - Not a fan of either name. To much L.
Catherine Lindsay - Catherine is nice. It feels strong yet feminine. Lindsay is very 80's dated to me and drags the combo down.
Henry Charles - Love! Well matched for style. Nice flow. Great names.
Josephine Honor - I love Josephine. Honor is not so much my thing. I think of Jessica Alba and the ridiculous comment she made about it being an 'honor' to have her boyfriends child. Josephine Harper?
Juliet Iris - Pretty. I love Juliet. Iris works really well here.
Rosalind Sylvie - I don't care for Rosalind. It is harsh and clunky. I much prefer Rosalie or Rosaline. Sylvie feels especially clunky here.
Graham Joseph - I would prefer this in reverse but it still works. I like both names.
Elizabeth Maeve - Pretty. Maeve makes Elizabeth interesting and matches well for style.
Joel Atticus - I don't care for Joel. It feels very weak to me. Atticus is great.
Owen Lysander - I love Lysander. Owen is not something I would use myself but its nice and Lysander definitley adds interest.
Levi River - Too much V. It makes it sound hard. I love River. Levi is ok but I don't care for the two together.
Susannah Claire - Nice. Not something I would use myself but the flow is good and they are well matched. Susannah isn't a name you hear very often these days, I quite like it.
Robert Raymond - I think of Everybody Loves Raymond. Robert and Raymond are brothers on that show. I don't like the double R's which make it feel very heavy. Raymond feels very dated to me.
Finn Matthew - I love Finn! I do prefer Finley and Finnian. The combo is nice though Matthew isn't really my thing.
Nicholas Reid - Nice combo. It flows really well.
Coleman John - I don't like Coleman at all. I think of Gary Coleman.
Adelaide Rita - I really like Adelaide! I don't think Rita works here. Adelaide needs something softer I think.
Lily Constance - Constance is not my style but it is nice with Lily.
Grace Isobel - Pretty. Good flow.

My favorites:
Emmeline Pearl*
Caleb Jude*
Henry Charles*
Juliet Iris*
Graham Joseph
Elizabeth Maeve
Owen Lysander
Susannah Claire
Finn Matthew
Nicholas Reid*
Lily Constance
Grace Isobel*

#3 BellaBoo

BellaBoo

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:The Boston Bruins. Harry Potter. My best friends. Country Music. London. Baby Names :)

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:07 PM

Thanks Tiffany!!

I agree with you on... well, pretty much everything!

Samuel Boston was one I just threw together last minute because I wanted Boston on there somewhere. Same with Jack Sebastian, I love Sebastian but just can't seem to find the right first name! And of course, Tucker. Everyone feels the same way about it, but it has huge sentimental value to me, and I can't get rid of that. Same goes with Joel Atticus.

For the girls, Polly, Lindsay, Rita and Judith are all family names and I'm trying so hard to find the right pairing for them!

Your favorites are pretty much my favorites! yay! :P

-Dani

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users