Photo

Changed story up, have a couple of blanks to fix :)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:09 PM

Short synopses of whats below, I need names for:

~ Baby DePaux, one year old. I was thinking Annie or Karen, but I want a more biblical name.
~ Which name should I use for Matt's full name, Matthew or Matthias?
~ Which should I use for her best friend, Jonah, Charlie, or something else?

Okay, so the main character is Katherine DePaux (pronounced Duh-paw). I've been writing this story for a long time, so a lot of the characters have changed so much! But she is a constant. She has a twin brother, Matt. (haven't decided Matthias or Matthew). But Kate tells the story of her best friend, who was abused and now in a rehab. The story starts with her best friends abuse starting to get really bad, and she flashes back to how their relationship and friendship was before. And in the end, it progresses to show how she took action and got his parents locked up and her friend in rehab.

So her best friend, his name never sticks. Here's all the characters that are significant for you to know:

The DePaux's
~ Christopher DePaux (34)
~ Helen DePaux (29)
~ Katherine DePaux (15)
~ Matthew/Matthias DePaux (15)
~ Karen/Annie DePaux (1)

Okay, so Christopher is the father. He had his first two kids, Kate and Matt, with another woman. Chris was an exchange student in France, and he met the girl he partied with then got pregnant while he was there. Her name was Celine, but she's not in the story much, so not important. But she took the babies in at first, and Chris just kind of was a bit there. But Celine decided she really hated having babies and wanted to be young again, and Chris was in love with them by then, so he took them in and took them home. Later on, he met Helen and they got remarried and had a baby girl together. Helen is extremely into her church and bible, which Chris doesn't mind, Matt doesn't either, but Kate isn't much for it.

Here's pics:
Baby girl, though baby has a little bit more of Auburn-like hair
Posted Image
Kate. Though Kate's eyes are distinctly blue. Her hair she always straitens and puts in a pony tail, and she's always been very much a tomboy. But when she falls in love with a popular boy, who only caught his eye from being pretty, she lets her hair curl down and dresses nicely.
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/810938/2/istockphoto_810938_female_models_face.jpg

Couldn't find a pic to resemble Matt (google images is scarring! :P ) But he looks basically just like Kate :D

As for the best friend, I cannot decide on his name! He's an adorable red headed boy, same age as Katie. (He's the only one who can call her Katie without her getting mad :P ). His parents came to America from Britain when he was four. He has a cute British accent, though moreso Americanized than his parents. His family used to be loving and take care of him, but then his dad became an alcoholic (reasons undecided yet) and the entire family went downhill from there. Now, his dad is a major seller of drugs, and stuff of that sort. His mum does horrible things herself. And the boy ends up with wicked abusive parents. He seeks refuge at his best friend Sam's most of the time, though more towards the middle he starts going to Katie's after she told him she knew what was up and was worried. (More so because she basically made him sleep over a lot and whatnot). His dad sends him off to sell drugs at school and wherever he can. All the money goes to the dad though. Chris, Kate's dad, usually ends up buying the boy everything he needs. Though he has a definite knowing he gets abused, he really has no evidence. He's never seen the boys bruising or anything, and never seen him hit before. But he can tell by demeanor and stuff.

Names I'm thinking of: Jonah, Charlie, Leo, Daniel, Noah, or something cute. His real name is Paynin Dias but Kate gave him a different name being she thought the name was dumb ( she named him this when they were young).

Here are some other names in the story in case it helps:
~ Ryan Michael Jackson (called Mike, he lives in the same [very large :P] neighborhood as Kate, Matt and her best friend)
~ Jacob Evan Scott (called Jake, same as above)
~ Samuel Henry Abrams (called Sam, same as above)
~ Joshua Eli Benson (called Josh, oldest of group. Same as above)
~ John Everett Benson (Josh's little brother, same as above)
~ Sophia Rose Grayson (Matt's girlfriend)

Okay, thanks so much for any advice!

~ Haddie

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:06 PM

I still really like Jonah, but with a Jake (Jacob), Josh (Joshua) & a John in the group it might be a bit much.

Maybe Oliver? Since he could have reminded her of Oliver Twist when she first met him.
or maybe Tim for Tiny Tim in A Christmas Carol?
I guess I have Charles Dickens on the brain. Or what about Dicken for the character in The Secret Garden?

Eric for Kate's favorite movie The Little Mermaid???

I just keep trying to think of names a little girl would come up with.

#3 -TebowTime-

-TebowTime-

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:14 PM

I think Matts full name should be Matthew, Its not very common for Matthias, unless you discribe his parents so people would see a reason why they named him that :D

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:02 AM

It does seem like to many J's :L I could also change other peoples names, probably...

I really like Oliver too! That sounds like a name she might use :)

Not sure if she'd be the type to watch Disney princesses, though :L Eric would be kinda cute though ;) Especially while Kate's little, she tries to be more of a tomboy lol

Hmm, I think Oliver might work really well!

Maybe even...

Milo from the movie, Milo and Otis
Tommy Pickles from the TV show, The Rugrats
Ash from Pokemon

I think I like these three too... hmm. I guess I'll have to ponder them over and see what would fit ;)

~Haddie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users