• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dancingT-Owl

dancingT-Owl

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Dancing<br />Reading<br />Drawing/painting<br />writing<br />singing/acting<br />a funny person :)

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:56 PM

this is kinda a short story.....

so this is about a family that lives in a fantasy-like time. with magic, mermaids and mean men...oh my! :)
anyway, "she" is being severely hurt by her husband and finds a sorceress to put a protection charm on her little girl :need a name: so she can run. she runs with Roseate and her brother, Rosario to an underground hiding. for not to long ago, the King degrees that any person with magic should be executed at once. that goes for any magical being as well. so everything one(or thing) runs and hides. "she" is out, helping to gather food with she is captured and found guilty of having magic. turns out her daughter also was found guilty and is held in the same cell as she is, but she doesn't know who "she" is. in order to help her self and to help her daughter she then must go back to were this all started, so long ago. during that one night, under the Oak.

so, i need a name for:
the mother-a young woman. she is quiet, but is able to stand up for herself and against the king. she loves nature and is fascinated with the magic around her
the daughter-an outgoing girl with a month that stings like a bee. she is quick-witted and blunt.
husband-thinks everything belongs to him. a rular of his own land. mean, ugly and quiet large.
King-nice, but doesn't see things clearly. due to bad experiences, he thinks people of magic hate humans. passionate and young, he is naive.

#2 Malligal

Malligal

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Art, Writing, Books, Movies, Music, Concerts, Travel, Maps, Road trips

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:00 PM

I really like the premise of your story. If it's short enough and you don't mind, you should post it on here so we can read it. :)

Let's see...

the mother-a young woman. she is quiet, but is able to stand up for herself and against the king. she loves nature and is fascinated with the magic around her

Cybele (si-BELL), Lark, Laurel, Aria, Tareena

the daughter-an outgoing girl with a month that stings like a bee. she is quick-witted and blunt.

Continuing with the R theme...
Rima (REE-mah), Raya (RAY-ah), Remy, Runa

husband-thinks everything belongs to him. a rular of his own land. mean, ugly and quiet large.

I was thinking about some kind of name that will make the husband sound stupid...
Brelch, Klog, Borm, Bromph, Doronog

King-nice, but doesn't see things clearly. due to bad experiences, he thinks people of magic hate humans. passionate and young, he is naive.

Ince, Aimery, Alaric, Faisal, Envere, Kaledar

I tried to make the names sort of fantastical. I hope I gave you some ideas! ;)

#3 dancingT-Owl

dancingT-Owl

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Dancing<br />Reading<br />Drawing/painting<br />writing<br />singing/acting<br />a funny person :)

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:02 PM

thank you, this help so much :) any more names, would be lovely...thanks again ;)

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:59 PM

Okay, maybe...
~ Leila (haha, I'm obsessed with this name right now... ;) But it really does seem fitting!)
~ Caylia
~ Enora
~ Willa
~ Carys

(I resist the urge to say Pippa! :) )
~ Kate
~ Veronica
~ Poeta (poh-et-ah, nick name Ettie?)
~ Alessia
~ Mariah
~ Ainsley
~ Rory
~ Roisin

husband-thinks everything belongs to him. a ruler of his own land. mean, ugly and quiet large.
~ John
~ Roy
~ Warrington
~ Arrington
~ Brenjamin (like a mixture of benjamin and brendan? Lol it seemed fitting... )
~ Culdan

~ Ronan
~ Charlie
~ Nathan
(not sure...)

Hope I helped!

~ Haddie

#5 dancingT-Owl

dancingT-Owl

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:30 PM

for the mother, what do you guys think of Ariana-Mae/Maeve nn Aria? but which one do you like. Mae or Maeve?
and for the daughter, Cybele-Rose

um, the two R characters are not the daughter's siblings, there are the mother's siblings (she is the youngest. both of them have magic but she didn't inherent it. so she thinks....) sorry for the confusion on that :)

for the husband and King....i still have no idea. i kinda like Doronog for the husband. it sounds fitting for a large, stupid man. what do you think?

#6 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:03 PM

Both sound nice, Ariana Mae or Ariana Maeve, I guess I'd decide on which sounds better with the last name! Though I kinda think that Aria Maeve or Ariana Mae would be a good choice :) Aria Maeve would be so cute! <3

Cybele-Rose sounds nice! ;)

I like the choice for the king as well! I'm horrible with coming up with fantasy names... :L

I've only attempted one fantasy story, but it was really lame and everyone was named after a flower or something... ;)

~ Haddie

#7 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:39 PM

I like Ariana Maeve.

For the husband, Doronog isn't bad....what about Nugan?

For the king...um. Harmin, Harlind, Garvin, Isaman (Is a man!...pron. IZE ah man), Costen, Ropert, Lornan

#8 dancingT-Owl

dancingT-Owl

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:25 PM

i like Nugan
i also like Garvin for the king

thank you so much :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users