Photo

What is your least favorite thing about baby names?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Antelope

Antelope

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:45 AM

What is your least favorite thing about baby names?

Mine is:

When people take perfectly good boy names and than say it is feminine and thus makes it unisex. Some of them are like naming her Fred or George. It is crazy..

anyways what is your least favorite part of baby names?

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:06 PM

Spellyngs wyth y's.

#3 Hannah

Hannah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Interests:I love writing, reading, sports of any kind(my favorites being basketball & soccer), music, and hanging out with my friends and family.

AND, I of course love thinking of baby names even though that is a VERY far in the future thing for me because I'm still young!

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:44 PM

I agree so much with both of you.
I also hate how baby names go through fads.

Such as how Aidan and Madison got really popular. Or Emma and Carter. Names like that are so wonderful and then everyone uses them.

#4 Karin Marie

Karin Marie

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Interests:My Husband & Daughters, Being a Mom,Reading, Baby Names, Hello Kitty, Anything Cupcakes & Strawberries, SAHM, Animals, Nature, Writing Poetry, Reading Poetry, Music, Cooking/Baking, etc

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:20 AM

I hate cr3@tiv3 $p3lling$ (That took a little bit) Esp. to normal/good names like Emerson is Emersyn for a girl? & the "y" makes it em ER sin instead of son because it mean's Emery's son / Son of Emery.

When you tell someone the baby's name when your pregnant & they try to claim it & they're not even pregnant! or if they are they are due later. Also, when your pregnant & everyone & there brother wants to help name the baby for you/with you. Or has their own opionion on a name and tells you every little thing like "oh someone in the family has that name", "oh I don't like that!" , "Name her this _______" etc. etc. It got annoying when I was pregnant with my daughter... :) & it swayed my thoughts on names. I can't even imagine when we get pregnant with baby#2

That when a celebrity names there baby a name everyone starts to like it/love it & name there kid that because of the celebrity not because they like the name. lol etc.

#5 Sammie

Sammie

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, basketball, soccer, cheerleading, music.

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:32 AM

That when a celebrity names there baby a name everyone starts to like it/love it & name there kid that because of the celebrity not because they like the name. lol etc.

Guilty. I did that when Nicole Ritchie named Harlow. Now I find it one of the prettiest names. Harlow Winter Kate is beautiful.
But I use to only like it because Nicole named her kid that.

Um, my least favorite thing? That I suck at making names match. Oh, and that half the time I can't even pernounce some of the names. Also, really weird names. Like Mohinder .. or Obama. But that has to do with Culture or something so I'll shut up.

#6 Ryan-gal

Ryan-gal

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 03:13 PM

Well, I dislike it when people name/want-to-name their kid a name that isn't a name (like celebs-blanket, Camera etc). Also, I hate it when my mom decides what the perfect name for my baby would be. I love her and all, but I don't agree with her views, at all. Oh, well. Those are my least fav naming things. ~Ryan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users