54 replies to this topic

#21 Eva Phoenix

Eva Phoenix

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:25 PM

When I was in grade school, I used to love names that are really trendy now, like Kayla, Kailey (this spellled like 3000 different ways), and Madison, and really odd names, like Meowla and Bimini. And even 10 years later, I'm still embarrassed over Meowla. I never thought about boys' names really because I was convinced I was going to have only girls. :(

#22 Primrose

Primrose

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Acting<br />Singing <br />Dancing<br />Reading

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:04 PM

I used to make my mom write the names of my Barbie's on their backs and I looked at them just now!

Blondie May \
Jamie Kay > They were sisters
Stacie Lay /

#23 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:28 PM

I was CONVINCED I was going to name any future daughter of mine Dylan Crystal. I also liked Lissie (pronounced like it's spelled, not like Lizzie), Cameo, and names like Skyla and Rainy. I remember distinctly that I had a doll named Shoney and I was quite proud of myself for that name.
Honestly, I never really thought about boys names, because all my dolls and such were girls. Haha.

Oh, my gosh, LeAnne! I haven't seen you on in FOREVER! :) I missed you, lol. I don't even know if you remember me...lol. But, yeah. We talked about names (duh!) a lot and about how our middle names are both LeeAnn/LeAnne.

Anyway, :wub:

When I was younger I was convinced I was going to have twin girls and name then Jessica Erin and Alexia Elaine. :( I don't think I thought much about boy names though.

#24 rhaego

rhaego

Epic Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 04:33 AM

Hahaha, hi Alyssa, of course I remember you! I remember most folks that were around when I was most active. :( I dunno why I haven't been around. I suppose I'm just busy with school and, let's be honest, Facebook. Haha. However, I'm on a baby name kick lately, so I'm back! :wub: I feel a bit rusty on advice, though, so I'm just sticking around the Talk & Fun section until I get a feel for it again.

#25 funOne121

funOne121

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:36 PM

I liked Jenny because I thought it was "cool"!!

#26 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:57 PM

Hehehe... my favorite names :)

I have a list from just two-five years ago... and also one from a lot longer ago.. when I was around five x333

From a lot longer ago, I named Kelly's with my favorite names :) Encluding:
~Brittiny Anne
~Kiki
~Kaytheirynne (I thought it looked like a cooler Katherine... X.x")
~Jordanne
~Chelsee
~Kelsee
~Larissa
~Carissa
~Baby Justine nn BJ (from a book O.o)

And from like two years ago, I got some okay ones... and some pretty bad.
~Ava Jourdane
~Serenity Ava
~Lynette Taylor
~Fayanna Kamryn
~Matthieu Talon
~Kyler Avery
~Andie Grier
~Cole Thomas
~Moanie Skylar
~Peter Blaise
~Kenneth
~Treasure
~Neveah Paradise
~Kaleb Dustin
~Faye Lynette
~Faye Ashlyn
~Emmaline Noelle
~Jolie Nichole/Nicholette
~Lynette Joelle
~Kathryne Lee
~Heather Moanie
~Andi Marissa
~Wiley Neveah
~Hailey Raine/Halley Raine
~Cole Michael
~Daniel Joshua
~Matthieu
~Timothee Jakob
~Kyle Bentley
~Kaleb Mark
~Graham Chase
~Hayleigh Willow
~Nicola Patience
~Marissa Leigh
~Kathryn Neveah
~Kyle William
~Matthew Jay
~Kodiak Lake
~Eagle Joshua
~Ava Serenity
~Gabriel Jayde

Well, this is what I found written down, at least :P My family all remember my barbies names, they had to for every time I lost one or wanted one to get the correct one XD But the others... all lists I had loose in notebooks or whatever. Can't promise its in order, but whatever ;)

God I'm I glad my opinions have changed!!! <3 <3 <3

~Haddie

#27 kelsie__

kelsie__

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:57 AM

I'm 13 years old. I'll be 14 in 18 days. I an obsessed with baby names. I like:

girls:
kemily justice lauryn or kemily jordan marie
heather elizabeth
abigail
kiley, kyleigh, and kylee
riley kate
tara ann
chelsey kate
madison heidi
kenya patricia
kaylen journey
mallary
heaven
paisley
michalea
keaton
paris
kinsley
brynlee for a middle name
tori
kori
gracelynn for a middle name
katelin, caitlin, catelyn
memphis for a middle name
briley
mercedes. but it doesn't sound good with my bf's last name {KING]
paityn
tabitha
jazmyn
kiersten
jammie
khloe
taylor
hannah
leah
kaylah, kayla
trinity
serenity
makenzie
jenna
angela dawn marie
summer
maranda
amber
lacie
alexandria
alexa grace
haley, haylee haylie
calleigh (pronounced kaylee}
alison for middle name Or first
LEISHA

boys:
alex matthew
stephen dakota
devin michael
andrew ryan
hayden
hagen
corey dakota
dustin trevor
bradley connor
james for a middle name

I WANT 8 KIDS! MAYBE 1 SET OF TWINS. BUT IF NOT, 5 GIRLS AND 3 BOYS. AND MY BF KNOWS IT!

#28 MBP

MBP

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:03 PM

My favorite baby names change every few months. I remember when I was really young and I loved the names Brenna, Chloe and Marissa, and all my Barbies had those names. I don't remember many of the boy names I used. I also when through a phase where I like Anastasia (when the cartoon movie came out) and in Jr High, I loved the name Saylor Aree (when I watched the sailor moon cartoon!).

When I was in high school, I insisted that I was going to have two kids and name them Fish and Formaldehyde I just wanted to be different I guess!

#29 mimi78

mimi78

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 09:49 AM

When I was 8 I named my Cabbage Patch girl Tanna Elizabeth-Lynn. I loooved that name. Not so much now!

#30 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:30 PM

I had 'plans' that I was going to have twin girls and was either going to call them Carla and Natalie or Gemma and Stacey.

I still don't mind all of those names, except I now know someone called Natalie, so I can't use that.

#31 NicoleMarie

NicoleMarie

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:45 PM

When I was younger I always thought I would have twin girls named Emma & Abby. I had dolls named Cassie, Ashlynn, Victoria and Karleigh. They're not horrible names but now I'd probably only use Emma or Karleigh. I was also obsessed with the name Katelyn which I still love. I dont think I ever thought about boy names but I've loved the name Conner for about 6 years now. My first boy will definitely be given that name. I wish I had my name lists from middle school but I threw those out a few years ago. :) They'd be so fun to look at now!

#32 Marvelous_Things

Marvelous_Things

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 6,670 posts
  • Interests:Movies, music, psychology, history, literature, anime, cosplay, and names.

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:18 PM

When I was little, my absolute favorite name was Samantha, after my favorite American girl. My favorite porcelain doll was Kelsey Samantha Page (Page spelled w/o the i because I had two friends named Page who spelled it that way.) I also liked Belle and Ariel, because of the Disney movies, and Misty, because of the character from Pokemon. I also went through a phase where I wanted to name my daughter Amidala, after the Star Wars character.

I was convinced I was going to name my daughter Dejalea (prn Day-zha-lee), a name I made up.

In sixth grade, I fell in love with the name Flavia, who was one of the characters in my Latin textbook. I told everyone my daughter would be named Flavia Lynn. I also went through a phase around the same time where I loved the name Cleopatra.

A little later, I was into these crazy nature-type names, like Raven and Blaze and Echo.

And then there was my obsession with the name Adelina (nn Addie) after a character from my favorite book, The Two Princesses of Bamarre.

I didn't really think about boys names much, other than the fact I wanted to my son Anakin when I was in fifth grade and Star Wars Episode I came out.

#33 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:art, reading, writing, dogs and cats

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:46 PM

In sixth grade, I fell in love with the name Flavia, who was one of the characters in my Latin textbook. I told everyone my daughter would be named Flavia Lynn.

Is that from the Roman Mystery books, by any chance? Those books are the reason I love the name Flavia : P That was my Latin name in class for three years in a row

#34 anniefaith

anniefaith

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:05 PM

I was CONVINCED that my first child would be a boy and I would name him Patrick Alexander. And now my boyfriend's name is Alex(ander) Patrick! lol :) I also really liked Luke, Matthew, and Logan. I usually used to focus more so on girls' names though, like most young girls do! My opinions changed constantly though. The ones I remember are Grace, Elizabeth, Zoe, Anna, Stella, Charlotte, Scarlett, Lily, Lila, Sophia, Hope, Madelyn, Kate, and for a really short period of time I love the names Savannah and Ava. My taste hasn't really changed much honestly. I still like a lot of these names =)

#35 Marvelous_Things

Marvelous_Things

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 6,670 posts
  • Interests:Movies, music, psychology, history, literature, anime, cosplay, and names.

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:18 PM

Is that from the Roman Mystery books, by any chance? Those books are the reason I love the name Flavia : P That was my Latin name in class for three years in a row

Our book was called Ecce Romani. It was about the Cornelii family: Cornelius, Aurelia, Marcus, Cornelia, and Sextus (wow, I can remeber all of their names...), and Flavia was like Cornelia's best friend. We didn't have names in my Latin class :) , but my name would have definitely been Flavia, since I loved the name then. I'm still partial to it, even if it's just a GP now.

#36 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:02 AM

I don't remember what I used to call my barbies when I was really little, but I have had a baby doll called Kathy, and one called Michael since I was four-ish. About a two or three years ago I was so into made up names, or just really wierd names, cause I have a really popular name, and I didn't really want that for my child. Some of them were:
Roseevanna (and various other spellings)
Shanyssa (also with other spellings)
Olali (same as above, basically for all of them)
Haitisha
Shosee
Cinnanne
Launnela
Leenel
Miyanna
Tayjah
Kimora
Kaenessa
Jussia
Klarielle
Anirissa
A'Tia
Lakaya
Liamanna
Taylani
Tamiko
Rosilacie
Niletta
Abekah
Niynn
Rosanessa
And so on and so forth....

I also really liked virtue names, and was convinced I was going to have twin girls called Hope and Faith, just thinking of that now makes me embarassed; but I might use them as middle names. I did go through a phase of really liking the names Honey and Todd, and most of my sim babies got called that at one time or another. I didn't really think of boys names to be honest, but I have really like Oscar for a while, and I didn't really think of middle names much either. The names that I still think are ok from my list are:
Miyanna, Tayjah, Kimora and Abekah, I also still quite like Honey, but probably wouldn't use that for my child. The rest are nms anymore (thank god)!

#37 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:art, reading, writing, dogs and cats

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:04 PM

Our book was called Ecce Romani. It was about the Cornelii family: Cornelius, Aurelia, Marcus, Cornelia, and Sextus (wow, I can remeber all of their names...), and Flavia was like Cornelia's best friend. We didn't have names in my Latin class :) , but my name would have definitely been Flavia, since I loved the name then. I'm still partial to it, even if it's just a GP now.

Ah, okay...I've heard of the Ecce Romani text books. We use Cambridge in my district....most of our fictional family was killed off in the eruption of Vesuvius, haha

#38 Guest_Angela&David_*

Guest_Angela&David_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:26 PM

My friend's daughter had that textbook as well!

#39 Emily N.

Emily N.

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:25 PM

I loved the names Angel, Beatrice, Beverly,Isabella,Ida, and Ivy
when I was little I wanted twins B/G: the girl would be Ivy Angel and The boy Ivory Bruce(My dad's name)
lol my taste has changed a lot.

#40 Auntie Megan

Auntie Megan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:34 AM

DOLLS:
Holly
Lucinda nn Lucy & Elizabeth nn Lizzie ("non-identical twins")
Sophie
Jessica
Pretty Spice/Emma (a Cabbage Patch doll I called Pretty Spice until I decided I should give her a real name - so she became Emma after Baby Spice)
Alice
Rosie
Rattle (a Cabbage Patch baby doll that rattled)
Christina
TEDDIES/SOFT TOYS:
Heather x 2 “Brown Heather & White Heather” due to their colour.
Samantha nn Sam
Ashley (boy)
Alicia (pronounced like Alisha not Elyssia)
BARBIES ETC:
Flipper (Flip N Dive Barbie, I think I later changed it to Felicity)
Daisy
Sindy (a Sindy)
Shelly (a Shelly - I think you call them Kellys)
Jen (GENeration Girl Barbie)

(there were so many more dolls,, teddies & Barbies and most of them had middle and surnames aswell but that's all I can remember for now)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users